Search for content in message boards

Ralph Maxwell

Ralph Maxwell

Sheryl Elkins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 5:37PM GMT
I am trying to find Ralph Maxwell who was born 12/25/1794. He was born in Celerty, Scotland -- we cannot connect him to his father. It may be believed that his father was John Skole and his mother may have been Susan Maxwell. Can anyone help me find his father? Thank you. Sheryl Elkins

Re: Ralph Maxwell

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 11:02PM GMT
We are also looking for Ralph Maxwell 25 Dec 1794, Celerty, Scotland (which we have not found). We show him married to Elizabeth Donnelly(Donaly, Donlay) on 13 Jul 1823 at St Mary's Parish, Carlisle, Cumberland, England. We found them in New Lanark, Lanark, Scotland 1851 Census with children: Catherine, Elizabeth, John, Ralph and Ann. On the census he states he was born in Ireland as was his wife(?). Have you found anything since 2001? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Posted: 3 Mar 2006 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwill, Maxwell
I am the great, great grand son of Ralph Maxwell. We have determined that his parents are John Maxwill and Margaret Jones,why do we know this because when he was married in the St Marys parish of cumberland, england, 1823 he signed his own marriage record. and he dotted the eye thus Maxwill.
They named their choildren in the true english way of respecting their parents , thus their first first child Arthur after her father Arthut Donley..etc etc I have what we think is a t rue record of Ralph Maxwill and Elizabeth Donley. I could ged com it to you if you wish Ther are many reasons why we feel we are right
It would take more than a short e-mail to catch you up.But please let me hear from you, we have the family back to 1566
Jim Maxwell

Amy Munns (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 3:33AM GMT
I have been searching for Ralph Maxwell also. It has been a dead end for us, it is great to find out about the name change. Please email me, I would love to find out more. Ralph is my 4th great grandfather.

Posted: 16 Apr 2006 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 11:02PM GMT
I appoligize for not responding earlier, but we were on an extended trip, just got back. We are very interested in what you have for Ralph Maxwell (Maxwill). Please send the ged.com. My mother's mother was a Maxwell and we have had great difficulty in locating the Maxwells before 1800. Thank you for your response.
Drew Maxwell Ford

Mary Ann Maxwell Hebbert (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2006 10:16PM GMT
I have different information regarding Ralph Maxwell 12/25/1794. I have his father as Robert Maxwell b.1768 Celerty, Lanark, Lanark, Scotland. I would be interested in the information you received.

Amy Munns (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell, Maxwill
I also had Robert Maxwell (1768) as the father of Ralph Maxwell Sr. We must have had the same source. I have since changed that to John Maxwill, there being more information naming him as the father. I am still trying to find out more about John Maxwill and Margaret Jones. Please email me if you have found out any information. My email is Nityme@hotmail.com Thanks!
-Amy (Maxwell) Munns

Amy Munns (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 6:50PM GMT
I am looking for the same information as you are. If you get the ged.com file, would you please email it to me? I would appreciate it so much. My email is nityme@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 3:16AM GMT
I am an ancestor of Ralph Maxwell and Elizabeth Donely. I am looking for information about his parents. My information indicates that his father was Robert Maxwell. Please send me any information concerning your findings on Ralph's parents.

Thanks you very much,
Tippetts

e-mail tipets@burgoyne.com

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell
Hi! Yes.. I too am a maxwell. I have my tree going, and I too and stumped at Robert.i got my info from the LSD genealogy building, it's helpfull that my ancestors were huge in the lds history:) I entered Robert as the husband and the spouse somehow, oops I trying to find his wife's name, and I'm not sure we're to put johns info in.. Can you help me?
Feel free to check out my tree, it's a lot of fun!
Thank you and have a beautiful day!
Deby Maxwell.
P.s. I love our clan crest! I'm trying to find my family's shield too.
Hope to hear from you. Soon..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic