Search for content in message boards

McGetricks of County Sligo

McGetricks of County Sligo

Donald McGetrick (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGetrick
Would like to hear from anyone having any info on McGetrick of County Sligo. Thanks.

McGetrick

Mick (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT

Re: McGetricks of County Sligo

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 3:23AM GMT
My Family is from Co.Sligo Ireland . My Grandpa came from Ballymote . His name is James Coleman McGettrick .He dropped the second t when he immgrated to Chichgo ,Il in
1914?Any info would be nice

thanks

Murray Small (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 4:23PM GMT
Looking for information on Michael McGetrick who married Mary Ann Devitt. McGetricks were know as cattle people in Sligo. Michael worked for an English landowner near a mound /mountain called KerryCushieClyde. Famil thinks Michael and Mary Ann married before they went to England with the landowner. They had a daughter Anne (Annie) McGetrick born Jan11, 1882 in Stockport, England. Any information would be appreciated. Best regards, Murray Small

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 8:48PM GMT
I am descended from the McGetricks of County Sligo--would lover to hear from you

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: McGetrick
I am descended from the McGetricks of County Sligo--would love to hear from you.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 8:36PM GMT
Hi,
I think there are still McGettrick's around Ballymote. If you have not done it already they were there in 1911 then you should be able to find them now in the free 1901 and 1911 census.
Bernard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions