BALDWIN

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 6:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BALDWIN
This post was deleted by the author on 31 Mar 2012 10:37AM GMT

Re: BALDWIN

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:57AM GMT
Hope you will reply to me. I have an interest in Baldwin.
My ggmother was Frances McCarty. She married a Baldwin and she was in Covington Co. Alabama in 1850 with her 3 children,Mary Jane, Hezekiah, and Julia. I'm assuming her Baldwin husband was dead. I haven't been able to find his first name. I'm "grasping at straws" now. I'm always looking at Baldwins. We may be able to help one another. My e-mail address is;
happy@fairpoint.net

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 4:05AM GMT
"ANY information...."?

You seem to have a great deal of information already.

A gentle suggestion: It might save someone a lot of unnecessary research if you identified the specific information you need.

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 1:39AM GMT
Specifically, I need the first, or given, name of the Baldwin who was married to Frances McCarty in Covington County, Al. around 1850. I have the descendants of Frances and the unknown Baldwin, but not the ancestors

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 5:11AM GMT
Is this your Frances McCARTY?

1860 Federal Census - Alabama - Covington County - P.O.: Andalusia

BALDWIN Family
Mary, 32, domestic, born SC
Mary, 6, domestic, born AL
Hezekiah, 5, born AL
Julia A., 3, born AL

Unfortunately, I see no BALDWIN in Covington County in 1850, although there were 100 in all of Alabama. Have you checked the children's death certificates (if available)? Perhaps these would identify the children's father.

Good luck!

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 10:33AM GMT
Unfortunately I am not able to shed any light on Frances McCarty's Baldwin husband. Best wishes as your search continues.
April Young

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 8:23PM GMT
Francis Mccarty is also an ancestor. Her son
"Bud" Baldwin I believe his name to be Hezikiah, according to my mother, is my gggrandfather. He is buried in New Hope Cemetery, in Covington county,Along with his wife Sarah Jane Ward. Their daughter Agnes Matilda Baldwin Powell is my grandmother.This is a very elusive family. Maybe this will help.
Deb

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions