Search for content in message boards

Gabriel Michel

Gabriel Michel

Joseph R. Michel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Gabriel Michel was born in Plaquemines Pa. in 1873(?) to Claude Francois Michel and Hortense David Michel. He married Hortense Elizabeth Lassus in 1899 at St. Patrick Church. We are looking for their descendants and information on this family.We think there are still members of this family in Plaquemines Parish and possibly Orleans and Jefferson Parishes.

Re: Gabriel Michel

Mary Despaux Braud (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2002 9:40PM GMT
Is your dad Donald Michel? If so, please contact your cousin. I may have more info on the Michel family.

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 1:03PM GMT
Gabriel Michel and Hortense were my great, great grandparents. I remember Hortense when I was a little girl. Let me know what info you need and if I can help I will. Rose Rousselle

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 10:51PM GMT
Hortance Lassus Michel was my Great Great Aunt. My Great grandmother was Julie Lassus Giordano. I am researching people who might be in the Edouard Lassus tomb in St. Patrick's Church cemetary. The slab was damaged in Katrina. My father thinks Hortance and/or possibly her son, Clarence might be in the tomb. Do you know the final resting place for Uncle Gabe, Taunteen (as my father called them), and her son, Clarence? The marker door/slab will be redone after I finalize this information. I hope to go to Port Sulphur soon to see if they are listed on another tomb.
Your great grandmother must be Lelia. When I ask my father about her he remembered her well and he spoke about her with a big smile.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 1:41PM GMT
Yes, my grandparents were Lelia and Alex Demandre. I remember a Julie Leger, I'm not sure of the spelling now of the last name, her mother was Birdie Laviegne, not sure of that spelling either, its been a long time ago.

I have togo to Buras in the next day or so, I will stop and see. As I recall, it was the Michel tomb, Hortense, Gabe, Clarence and Alexander Demandre are buried there.

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:18PM GMT
Your information was very helpful.
Hortance was Birdie Lavigne's aunt. Julie Leger was Birdie's daughter.
I saw in obits that Gabe, Hortance and Clarence were buried at St. Patrick's Cemetery. I don't want to leave anyone out when I have the engraving done on our tomb.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 7:27PM GMT
I am the great grand daughter of Gabriel Michel and Hortense Lassus. My mom is Hortense Demandre.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions