Search for content in message boards

Ellis Pioneer Graves in Smithfield

Ellis Pioneer Graves in Smithfield

Jerry in Idaho (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellis, Daniels, Owens
My ggg grandparents, John Francis Ellis and Ann Daniels Ellis are buried in the Smithfield Cemetery in Cache County. J.F. was one of the scouts left at Devil's Gate for the winter after the rescue of the Martin and Willie Handcart Companies. Ann likely came in the third or sixth handcart companies. Two of their children, Owen Ellis and Ellen (Nell) Ellis Owens are buried with them. The graves are so worn after a century that three are unreadable.

Addition: 4/3/2001
I am searching for the death date of Ellen J. (Nell) Ellis. Nell was born 7 Oct. 1866 in or around Salt Lake City to John Francis and Ann Daniels Ellis. The family lived in the Smithfield area during that time and into
the early 1870s. Early in the 1870s, the family moved to Malad, Idaho.

Nell married Edward Thomas Owens b. 14 Apr 1863 in North Ogden on 13 Dec. 1884. She and Ed had two daughters: Edna M. born Feb 1886 and Ann E. b. Sept. 1888. Edna married a man named Murphy and died in Monterey, Cal., and Ann married Zeph Jones and died in 1942 in San Francisco.

The bodies of John Francis Ellis, Ann Daniels Ellis, and Ellen J. (Nell) Ellis Owens were returned to Smithfield to be buried. Their stones have lost all markings. I need Nell's death date to begin the work of having the information re-inscribed.

Thanks, Jerry in Boise

Re: Ellis Pioneer Graves in Smithfield

Posted: 20 May 2012 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellis, Henderson
Do you know when and where John Ellis was born? If he was from Wenvoe, Glamorganshire, Wales, he may be the brother of William Ellis II. I am thinking, he came from Wales to Liverpool to New Orleans, etc. on the JERSEY that arrived in 1853.
mbeachler@dc.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions