Search for content in message boards

Danish Translation needed

Danish Translation needed

Posted: 4 Dec 2010 2:43PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Johansen
Hello,

I am in the hopes that someone here can translate some documents found for my father (Harald Victor Emil Johansen) and his siblings.

They appear to be baptism records, but there is other information that I can not read and am in the hopes it will give me some info on my grandfather.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Nina
Attachments:

Re: Danish Translation needed

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nina,

I don't know Danish but have looked at the baptisms and find the following information.

Harold Viktor Emil Johansen born to unmarried Marie Viktoria Hansen and Emil Vilhelm Niels Johansen on 1 Mar 1907 in Chicago, Illinois. The address given is 28 Grand Avenue, Chicago. Witnesses Carla Terkelsen and baker Carl Hansen of Ribe and Mads Jensen of Fohl. Marie Viktoria and Emil Vilhelm were married on 10 Oct 1907 in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Viola Vilhelmine Johansen born to the same couple on 4 Nov 1903 in Denver, Colorado, baptized on 1 Mar 1907. Witnesses widow Mary Rosendahl and baker Carl Hansen of Ribe and Mads Jensen of Fohl.

Niels Holger Johansen born 25 Nov 1906 in Ribe to the same couple, address Korsbrøgade 298, baptized 1 Mar 1907. Witnesses R. Terkelsen's wife Albertine and baker Carl Hansen of Ribe and Mads Jensen of Fohl.

In the 1906 census for Korsbrøgade 298, Ribe, there is a Harald Johansen, born 26 Dec 1905 in America living with Marie Viktoria Hansen's parents, Niels and Mariane Hansen.

In the 1901 census, Marie Viktoria is living with her parents at Korsbrøgade 298. She was born on 1 Jan 1886 in Ribe to Niels Hansen and Mariane Andersen Jensen, opslag 86 nr 1.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 6:05PM GMT
Hi Nina,

Here is the family in the 1880 census

All persons in the household

Ribe, Ribe, Ribe Købstad, Ribe Købstad, , Sønderportsgade matr. nr. 206/08, Forhus, Stuen, 417-F1, FT-1880
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Niels Hansen 33 Gift Kjøbmand, Husfader Ribe
Mariane Andersen Hansen født Jensen 25 Gift hans Kone, Husmoder Fædsted
Anna Kjerstine Hansen 4 Ugift deres Datter Thiset, Gram Sogn
Anna Kathrine Hansen 3 Ugift do. do. do. do.
Hans Hansen 1 Ugift deres Søn do. do.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 6:05PM GMT
Hi Nina,

Here is the family in the 1880 census

All persons in the household

Ribe, Ribe, Ribe Købstad, Ribe Købstad, , Sønderportsgade matr. nr. 206/08, Forhus, Stuen, 417-F1, FT-1880
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Niels Hansen 33 Gift Kjøbmand, Husfader Ribe
Mariane Andersen Hansen født Jensen 25 Gift hans Kone, Husmoder Fædsted
Anna Kjerstine Hansen 4 Ugift deres Datter Thiset, Gram Sogn
Anna Kathrine Hansen 3 Ugift do. do. do. do.
Hans Hansen 1 Ugift deres Søn do. do.

Sincerely,
Paul

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 4:13PM GMT
Thank you one and all for the information you have given me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic