Joseph LAPINE (Lepine) b.1848 - m. Mary MILO b.1851

Joseph LAPINE (Lepine) b.1848 - m. Mary MILO b.1851

Shirley Strich (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2004 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Lepine, Lapine, Milo, Milot
Hi Charles,

My GG Grandfather was Pierre Lepine/Peter Lapine--married 2 times--Matilda and Margaret. Peter had 3 sons that I am aware of: Peter Lapine, Frank Lapine, (b. in Bolton, Ontario), and Joseph Lapine. They lived in VT and a Peter and Joseph Lapine served in the Civil War together from VT--probably the 2 brothers. I know Joseph was born in 1848 and married Mary Milo b. 1851.

If any of these names match up with anything you have, would appreciate it if you would contact me at shirley@glynnshannon.com.

Thanks.

Shirley Strich

Questions

Charles Lepine (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2004 7:29PM GMT
Hi Shirley;
I do have a Pierre in my line at about the same time
but they were born and lived in Canada so I would
guess they are not the same people. I would need info
from an earlier date to see where and if our line cross.
They probably do because from the info I have only a couple
of Lepines came over from France, so they should cross somewhere.

More info - Lepine - US mid 1800's

Shirley Strich (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2004 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Lepine, Lapine
Hi Charles,
My Pierre/Peter Lepine/Lapine lived in the US in the mid 1800's. He had sons named Peter, Joseph and Frank (b. in Bolton, Ontario--not confirmed yet). Joseph was born in 1848 but not sure if in the US or Canada. Supposedly, Peter (Sr.) was born in Canada also. They lived in VT around 1864--Peter and Joseph Lapine enlisted in the Civil War from VT(I believe it was the brothers). I am still in the process of finding info on this. Please email me directly at shirley@glynnshannon.com. Would love to converse with you more--we have several Charles in our family.

Shirley Strich
per page

Find a board about a specific topic