Search for content in message boards

jonathan olin ---adopted one

jonathan olin ---adopted one

Posted: 3 Jan 2004 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: olin, lumberry, childers, clancy
i am related to the olin family:
john, john, jonathan, jonathan (adopted), archibald, archibald, herbert, alma (great grandmother). there is so much confusion about jonathan's adopted son jonathan. i have noticed in morrow co, oh that they show the adopted jonathan as a sr also due to him also having a son by the name of jonathan. is there anyone that is related to this line. i have also found that jonathan and penelope harrington olin had these children: penelope, jonathan, elizabeth, john, sarah, rebecca, aurelia, albert and lydia. i also have found that jonathan and amy johnson had these children: john, anna, archibald, mary and anna. i have seen where these five children were penelope's not amy's. i am related to this archibald, but am getting more and more confused as we go. can anyone help me along?
thanks,
nita

Re: jonathan olin ---adopted one

Posted: 6 Jan 2004 7:34AM GMT
Nita,

Have you tried contacting the Olin Family Society, perhaps they can help.

http://www.olinfamilysociety.org

Regards
Maree

Posted: 6 Jan 2004 7:05PM GMT
yes i have gone to the site. i do appreciate it. i am trying to find some one that knows more about the younger jonathan. they didn't have that much info on him.

thanks,
nita

Posted: 7 Jan 2004 9:29AM GMT
Nita,

If you haven't done so, send Tom Olin (the Geneologist at Olin Family Society) an email.

He may know of someone researching this branch of Olin Family of alternatively he could put a query in the next edition of their newsletter for you.

Regards
Maree Ohlin

Posted: 27 Mar 2006 10:26PM GMT
Hello Nita - I just found your message, so I hope you're still checking this site. I'm curious as to the information that Jonathan b 1766 and md to Penelope Harrington and Amy Johnson was adopted. I haven't seen anything to that effect before. The Vital Statistics of Morrow Co., Ohio have the information just backwards on the two wives. Penelope was the first wife - your Archibald's mother - and she died in 1795. Amy md Jonathan 14 Feb 1796 and had 9 children, including my husband's ancestor Rebecca Englesby Olin in 1805. Let's compare notes.

Posted: 5 Apr 2006 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: olin, lumberry, childers, clancy
jamie
i haven't worked on this family for a while. i will have to pull my notes out and see what i have. i had to go back and read what i posted - sorry it took so long to get back with you. what type of info are you looking for - just the adoption or ????. let me know.
thanks,
nita

Posted: 5 Apr 2006 4:12PM GMT
I found the will online where Jonathan, Sr. called his son Jonathan adopted, but I'd love to see what you have on Archibald's line.

susan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 7:14PM GMT
There is an Olin Family Sociey online that includes the Olin line you are interested in. Jeff Olin, historian for the society has a lot of information. The society has created the family tree starting with John Olin who settled in Rhode Island in 1678. I descend from John II, Jonathon Olin, Capt. Jonathan Olin, Archibald Olin, etc.

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 7:23PM GMT
I should have included in my previous note the web site addres for olin family society:

www.olinfamilysociety.org

The site also has a pdf file of book written by C.C.Olin, historian, in 1893. His book begins with John Olin believed to be from Wales who came to the US when he was 14 in 1678.

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 7:02PM GMT
susan,
thank you for the reply, but i have been there since this post and have been put on the mailing list. nobody has really figured it out.
thanks again,
nita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic