Search for content in message boards

Johannes Christian Schnee (1722-1794) was my 5th great grandfather

Johannes Christian Schnee (1722-1794) was my 5th great grandfather

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schnee, Allen
I descend from him, down from Johannes (John) (1758-1826), down from Jacob (1784-1838) down from Susanna Schnee Allen, et al. Jacob was quite a famous guy; as a printer; Lutheran Minister; as the originator of the "first all girls' school west of the Alleghenies" called the Harmony Institute (offering arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, natural history, philosophy, foreign languages, art & music); as a pioneer in early southwestern Indiana. His bio goes on and on and his history is recorded in the records of the Library of Congress. I have lots of information/records/pictures. Jan

Re: Johannes Christian Schnee (1722-1794) was my 5th great grandfather

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Schnee, Warren
I'm descended down from Jacob (1784 - 1838) as well. Jan, I'm very interested in what you have on him. Jacob's granddaughter, Emily Todd, married the son of one of New Harmony's most notable early settlers named Josiah Warren. Josiah was a well known inventor, musician, printer and founder of utopian societies. I believe Jacob and Josiah were in New Harmony about the same time around 1825ish...a couple of true renaissance men. Would be thrilled to share information.

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 6:32PM GMT
Dana - well, if you are descended from Jacob Schnee then I guess we are somehow related. I have been writing bios on my ancestors and I did one recently on Jacob. I can send a copy of it to you if you wish. It includes lots of pictures and information on all his children. Which of Jacob's children do you descend from? You mentioned Emily Todd - maybe that is your ancestor. I also am going to write a bio on Elizabeth Todd's husband, Dr. Andrew Randall. I guess we have lots to share. I have been sending these bios to relatives at their e-mail addresses. Jacob's bio is in several parts due to the pictures. Jan Norman

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 6:46PM GMT
Dana -I forgot to mention that the Anna Maria Schnee you mentioned is Jacob's sister, not his daughter. The years the two Anna Marias were born are similar. 1805 and 1807. People had children for 20 years or more and the children ended up being the same ages as some of their aunts and uncles. Anne or Anna Maria Schnee, Jacob's daughter was married to Jacob Bower on 3 Aug. 1827 and to Thomas Lankford after that. The veil will lift when you see the material I have. Jan Norman

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 7:34PM GMT
Jan - yes, after digging a bit further I figured out that my Anna Maria Schnee was Jacob's sister and I am related to Emily Todd(my great, great grandmother). I followed the Todd family a little bit and I think theirs is a fascinating story, especially Elizabeth and Andrew Randall. I wonder what happened to Elizabeth after Andrew's murder? And their son, Alder, was a character I'll bet. Mayor of Tombstone...wow! I'd be very happy to receive your bio on Jacob Schnee. From what I understand, he was a very notable person in New Harmony. my email dtitus317@kc.rr.com. Thanks! And let me know if there's anything you'd like to know on the Emily Todd Warren family line. I have lots!!

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 8:55PM GMT
Dana - send me what you can on Emily Todd and family. I think you have my e-mail and I already had yours, anyway, its nanorman@charter.net. I'll start sending you things as I have time. We are still related through Johannes Christian Schnee. Jan

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 8:55PM GMT
Dana - send me what you can on Emily Todd and family. I think you have my e-mail and I already had yours, anyway, its nanorman@charter.net. I'll start sending you things as I have time. We are still related through Johannes Christian Schnee. Jan

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: SCHNEE
I ALSO AM DESCENDED FROM JOHANNES. JOHANNES TO JOHANNES TO JACOB TO LUTHER TO WILLIAM HENRY TO LUTHER TO DAVID TO ME!
DO YOU KNOW WHAT PART OF EUROPE OUR DECENDANTS CAME FROM? THANKS!

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 8:25PM GMT
Our ancestors came from the Rhine Valley (Rhineland). Are there 3 David's in your ancestry? I have Jacob-Luther-Wm Henry-Luther-David-David-David? Jacob was my 3rd G Grandfather. His daughter, Susanna was my 2nd G Grandmother & she was the sister of your ancestor, Luther. I have written a bio on Jacob, etc. If you would send me your e-mail address I will send it to you. My name is Jan Norman & my e-mail is nanorman@charter.net. I live in WA state.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 10:30PM GMT
OOPS! IT IS JOHANNES, JOHANNES, JACOB, LUTHER, WILLIAM HENRY, LUTHER, DAVID, CLINTON, AND ME DAVID. WE LIVE IN MONTANA. OUR E MAIL IS mikelenette@yahoo.com. I HAVE A COPY OF AN ARTICLE WRITTEN IN THE 80'S ABOUT JACOB IN INDIANA. IF IS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE WE'LL SEND IT TO YOU.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions