Search for content in message boards

Indian heritage

Indian heritage

Jane Sneed Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 8:45AM GMT
I am trying to find documentation of there being indian lineage in my family. I have always been told there are indians in the past in our Sneed family. Allen Snned married to Anna Bomar. They had 7 children,that we know of.One of the children was my greatgrandfather John Allen Sneed,b.1842, Tennessee. Any proof would be a great help. thanks. Jane

Sneed - Eastern Band Cherokee

Lauren E. Sneed Casey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 4:39PM GMT
I am also seeking the same proof, which is difficult due to the removal to Oklahoma during the Trail of Tears...however, I do know of a Caroline Sneed, Eastern Band Cherokee, at Qualla (I believe that she was a locally famous dollmaker)...You might try to find (I am still attempting to do this myself) the registries for Qualla. You might also want to particularly look at any information you might find regarding Soddy Daisy, TN - as I know that there are many Sneed family members in the Soddy Daisy area. As I am having to now look at records in Oklahoma due to the Trail of Tears, you might want to try that route, too.

Indian connection~~

Jane Sneed Dunn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 8:49AM GMT
I live in Middle Tenness,south of Nashville. I know there were Sneeds in Northeast Tennessee in the 1800's but dont know if they were relocated from N.C.
There are also Sneeds all over middle and west Tennessee. Would like any input on the indian heritage part of our clan.

Cherokee Heritage

Lauren (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 3:07PM GMT
Since we are both looking for the same information, I did want to let you know that I was able to find three Sneed individuals on the 1851 Cherokee Siler and Chapman Rolls - location was Union County, Georgia - the names were Mary Anne Blythe Sneed, (age 22 at the time the rolls were compiled), her son, John H. Sneed (age 4 at the time the rolls were compiled), and Sarah E. Sneed, age 2 at the time the rolls were compiled. Mary Ann Blythe Sneed had married Archibald Sneed. (Archibald Sneed was referenced on the rolls, but not listed as Cherokee.) In any event, I went on to find that this Sneed family resided near Blairsville, Georgia during 1851. They later moved to South Carolina and North Carolina. I don't know if this will assist you in your search in any way, but I hope it does!

Indian Heritage

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 4:13PM GMT
Lauren, thanks for the info. I know so little about my Sneeds there could be a connection. I appreciate your effort.

Sneed family Indian connection

Linda Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 6:55PM GMT
Hi ladies. My maiden name was Sneed. My fathers mothers name was Sarah Elizabeth Sneed. His fathers name was Henry Green Sneed. Sarah Elizabeth's (they called her Betty) maiden name was Ware I believe. I too would like to know about the Indian connection. I have always heard that my father was 1/8. They were from Pulaski Co. KY. I hope this helps you some and would surely appreciate any info you have found.

sneed faimly

t.dockery (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 9:45AM GMT
My husbands family [he was adopted by Dockery] but his dads family is Sneed. We have heard that he was part Indian from his mother, just two years ago we got into contact with his dads side of the family, none of them know for sure which tribe they came from, if you know his family please contact us.His dads name,Raymond Douglas Sneed,grandfathers name,Raymond Clyde Sneed, grandmothers name,Lily Mae Gibbson. Raymond was born in Okteha,OK. Thank you

Re: Indian heritage

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Jane
I was told the same my family is Sneeds.My greatgrand is Mollie Satterwhite and Henderson Sneed. I do not know whether it begin with Satterwhite or Sneed. Help email me

Lisa

Re: Cherokee Heritage

Posted: 5 Oct 2010 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: FRERICHS, FOWLER, SNEED, REED, SMITH
My G-g-grandmother, Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Frerichs led a storied life..She had at least three liasons that produced children. The first is reportedly with James Nuton/Newton Reed reported to be Indian. With him we know she had Jane Frerichs (b:abt 1875)who later married Perley Brown. Next she had John William Fowler with Alvin Sylvester Fowler...John W. was born sometime after Jane but before 1879. This was my Great grandfather. In 1880 she was living in Cherokee County, NC as Lizzie Fraze with her two children but no husband or male head of household. In 1900 she is living near her widowed mother, siblings and her two elder married children in Ironsburg, Monroe, TN. In her household are two children, Sarah Josephine Sneed (b: 1883) and Marion Sneed (b: 1887 d: 1907). She's listed as a widow. She had married Arch Sneed in Monroe County, TN, 17 Nov 1889. I'm wondering if this is the same Arch Sneed who was married at the time to Mary Ann Blythe and married Lizzie only when his wife died. Shortly after 1900 she married Elijah Smith but had no further children. Lizzie may have been part NA (probably) and had all her child producing liasons with men who were NA or had already married NA women.

Re: Sneed - Eastern Band Cherokee

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed
Hi,

Can you provide me information regarding Caroline Sneed or where you found the information.

Thanks
Ewa Via
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions