Search for content in message boards

Bethel Cemetery

Bethel Cemetery

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mathis
I was hoping someone out there lives close enough to the Bethel Cemetery, and was willing to search the cemetery for,Thomas Enoch Mathis, who died 22 Sep 1945, and his wife Laura E. Mathis, who died 29 Apr 1924. I am planning a trip there from St. Louis in December, and just laying my groundwork.

Re: Bethel Cemetery

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 6:00PM GMT
I do not live near the Bethel-Greenwood Cemetery, but perhaps these sites can be helpful as you prepare for a visit.

The first link is to the Bethel-Greenwood Cemetery. There is a photo of the gate. The names you are looking for are listed.

http://www.okcemeteries.net/lincoln/bethel/bethel.htm

The 2nd one is to the findagrave site. There are no photos of the tombstones that you want, but by searching for a cemetery, Bethel, in Oklahoma, you will get a link to the one in Lincoln County. There is a map, sort of, which shows it is near Kendrick.

www.findagrave.com

This last link is to the Lincoln County Museum in Chandler which has a genealogy area. You should be able to find a schedule for when it is open. You might find some helps there that would be worth your time.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~oklincol/museum.html

I hope you find you visit a successful one.

Mary in Oklahoma

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 1:47PM GMT
I'll go out there this weekend and see if I can find them and get some pictures for you. I love going to cemeteries and taking pictures for people but it will have to be on the weekend due to having to work during the week~

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 1:09PM GMT
Hi
That would be just great if you could get photos' for me.
This would be a long trip by myself.
Gary

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 4:35PM GMT
I have your pictures; you can email me at countrygirl@mcloudteleco.com. If you enter the cemetery through the east gate, Thomas and Laura Mathis are buried on the 20th row from the gate. You'll see two huge cedar trees next to the driveway and they're buried 3 graves to the south from the 2nd tree.

Sherry:-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions