Search for content in message boards

Barnetts-1820's-Pendleton

Barnetts-1820's-Pendleton

Gloria Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barnett
Would appreciate any information on Amos, Elijah, Ezekiel, James, John, Lemuel, Sampson, and William Barnett in the 1820 census of Pendleton County,S.C. William and James moved to Lauderdale County, Alabama by 1830. Also need any information on Ezekiel, Marinda, and Samuel Barnett in the 1830 census of Anderson County,S.C. Ezekiel and Lemuel moved to Lauderdale County, Al.by 1840. I have some information on these S.C./Alabama Barnetts to share with any descendents.

Barnetts from SC/AL

Michael Parker (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I, too, am interested in the Barnetts that moved from South Carolina to Lauderdale County. My information shows that Ezekiel also moved, with his wife Olive. Ezekial and Olive are both buried in the Barnett Cemetery in Lauderdale County, (Cemeteries of East Lauderdale County, published 1996).

BARNETT, Olive, July 28, 1784 - Apr 3, 1864

Ezekiel, Died July 17, 1871, Aged 92 yrs.

Elvye, (no dates.)

Tomas E., Mar 25, 1884 July 26 1885

More information can be found at nt web site, The Parker and McClure families of North West Alabama...see link below

I hope to hear from you soon.

Barnetts

Cindy Barnett Weyer (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Am looking also for ancestors in the Barnett line - my grandfather's name was Samuel Joseph Barnett, who married Mary Victoria Jones from Knoxville, Arkansas.

Could this be the Samuel Barnett you are researching? My Barnetts supposedly started in Spartanburg and moved to Georgia and Alabama.

Thanks!

Re: Barnetts

Patsy Bradshaw (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2001 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Barnett,Moody
In reply to your posting, sounds as if my Barnett side comes
from James Wesley Barnett who moved from SC to Lauderdale co where I know my grandmother was born in1879.
They moved from there to Tx to Wise Co. then back to Collin
Co. where they are buried in Blue Ridge, Tx., Collin Co. Any
info you have would greatly appreciate. I know of two brothers,William and Robert T. I think parents of these three
brothers were Joel Barnett/Mary Moody. Do you have that
info and where they came from? Thanks.

Re: Barnetts from Pendleton Dist SC/Correction

Patsy Bradshaw (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Barnett/White
Need to correct posting Aug 2000 stating Joel Barnett/Mary Moody parents of James Wesley Barnett, b.1842. Since Joel Barnett was born in 1860 time span he could not be parent of
James Wesley. Any info anyone has about parents of James
Wesley Barnett, b.Jan.10,1842 in SC, possibly Pendleton Dist.
would be so helpful. He married Nelly Ann Rebecca White in Alabama.

Re: Barnetts from SC/AL

Posted: 26 Apr 2005 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Barnett SC > Lauderdale, AL est. 1820-1835
Michael, I've come across your posted family tree at Ancestry, but your webpage seems to have gone offline. Would love to exchange some notes with you.

Have been steadily piecing together info both on and offline on family of Ezekial (sic) Barnett b. SC est. 1775, SC > AL est. 1835. -- Regards, Carleton
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions