Search for content in message boards

I Need Help In Greenup Co.

I Need Help In Greenup Co.

Posted: 21 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Douglas, Collins
Searching for parents and siblings of John W. Douglas, born about 1835 in KY and Lucinda Collins, born about 1838 in KY. They were married May 4, 1858 in Greenup Co. They were in the 1870 & 1880 Greenup Co. census. I have had no luck in finding out who their parents or siblings were, or when and where they died. They had 14 children: George (?); Ellen (or Elnora); James; Alice; Sarah; Elizabeth; Lewis; Thomas; Minnie; William; Milton; Salome; Mary Ann; and John W. I am beginning to think that John and Lucinda "were hatched".

Lewis Douglass

Karen Early (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Douglass
I have found another Lewis Douglas(b1847)in the 1870 census of Greenup County as a son of Thomas Douglass Sr. (b1804) & Cassa Douglass (b 1808). This would have made Lewis 53 yrs. old when he was the grandfather to Homer Douglas ( b 2/11/1900- d 8/17/64).

Census info as follows:

Inhabitants in Precinct No. 5 in the County of Greenup, State of Kentucky, 13th day of July, 1870. P.O. Hunnewell Furnace.

352/348 Thomas Douglass Sr. (66) is listed as a farmer and Cassa (62)is listed as keeping house. The following are listed in this household: Charles (42), Richard (26), and Lewis (23) are listed as iron ore workers; Sophia (21) listed as working at home; and John (11).

Makes more sense than the other Lewis Douglass (b 1867) son of John Wesley Douglass ( b 1834) and Lucinda Collins Douglass (b 1833).

P.S. I e-mailed you direct with another response before I realized I could have responded this way. Please look at it also.

John W. Douglass

Michele Douglas (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Douglass
Hello Terry,
I just found your Greenup County query this morning so I hope you will forgive me if I give you information you already have. John and Lucinda were not hatched! John W. Douglass (b. 1834, d. 1916) marrried Lucinda Collins (b. 1837, d. 1920). I am only giving you tidbits because I don't have the whole file in front of me right now. Their son, William, is my husband's great grandfather. His mother has researched this line extensively. John's father was Thomas Douglass Sr. (b. 1801, d. 1875). His mother was Cassandra Davvison (b. 1808). I have much more - I have think I have where they were buried, etc. Let me know if you would like more...I have gotten alot of information from others, so I guess it is my turn to pass it on!

Re: John W. Douglass

Dena Dudzenski (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2001 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: Douglas, Collins
Michelle,
I am a decendent of John W. and Lucinda Douglas, through their son James, who is my great great grandfather. Any information that you would be able to suppy me with would be wonderful as I do not know very much about Lucinda's family or John's. I do, however, have a picture of John and Lucinda that Terry Turley supplied me with that I would be happy to pass onto to you if you don't have it.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: colllins, clarks , clarkes, Hood,
Dena, I am a descendant of John Collins, Mariah Hood, the
Clarks/Clarkes and more from Greenup, Ky. I would love to
see Lucinda Collins Douglas's picture. I have been researching these family lines for a number of years. I just
want to see what they look like. Could you post it please?

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 10:35PM GMT
Gene, There is a photo of John & Lucinda Douglas posted on ancestry. I can send a copy to you if you want. I have a copy of both of their death certificates too. Jean

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 12:55PM GMT
Here is a picture of John & Lucinda (Collins) Douglas taken in the early 1900's.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic