Search for content in message boards

Gross in Ephrata, Lancaster, PA

Gross in Ephrata, Lancaster, PA

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2002 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gross
Hi,
I'm looking for members of the Gross family of Ephrata, Lancaster Co., PA.

Re: Gross in Ephrata, Lancaster, PA

Lily (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Gross, South, Pearl, Mason, Cooper, Caldwell, Wilson
Do you have names or dates of the family members you are looking for? My great grandmother Eliz(s)beth (or Betsy) Gross was from Pa. but I have been unable to locate where. According to the Mi. census lists she was born in Pa. abt 1819.

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 7:15PM GMT
Hi Lily,
Hmmmmmm..... I don't have what is known as much. Elizabeth is a common name, but I do have one that in theory MIGHT fit, maybe. There are just so many families and they all named their kids the same thing.

Can you provide me with a little more data?

Jeff

Lily (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 4:24PM GMT
That is basically all I have. The census gave here birth location as Pa., her age put her as born abt 1819, she married John G. South (assumed in Pa.), first son John born in Pa., daughter Elizabeth born in Ohio, and three sons born in Michigan. She disappears between 1852 and 1861 when the next census happened. My grandfather Elias was born in 1852 in michigan.

Lily

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 4:34PM GMT
Hi Lily,
I'm trying to find an open door for you to go through, and I see several. Let me make sure I have this straight. Elizabeth Gross married John. G. South, probably in Pennsylvania, moved to Ohio (where?) and on to Michigan (where?). Her last known child was born in 1852 and she is NOT in the 1860 census for Michigan. Is her husband listed? Where do her kids show up later on? Have you run them through FamilySearch?

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 4:21AM GMT
Hello,

I am a Gross originally from Ephrata. Are you looking for someone in particular?

Michelle

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 4:21AM GMT
Hello,

I am a Gross originally from Ephrata. Are you looking for someone in particular?

Michelle

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 3:09AM GMT
Don't know if you are still looking, Jeff. What timeframe? My great grandmother was Lottie Gross and she lived in both Ephrata and Lancaster.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic