Search for content in message boards

Klouser Church Cemetery

Klouser Church Cemetery

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can someone tell me if Klouser Church Cemetery is the same as Freiden's Lutheran? And give me directions? Later this spring I will be making a trip that way and would like to get tombstone photos. Thank you.

Re: Klouser Church Cemetery

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 10:37PM GMT
Yes it is the same. I have a few pictures from there. My g-g- grandparents are buried there. Where will you be coming from?

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 9:22PM GMT
Thank you! I will be coming north on 81 from Harrisburg.

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 10:03PM GMT
Here is a link to a site that shows the church and some of the grave stones.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~paschuyl/cemetery/Branch/f...

I'm trying to find the exact address so you can mapquest directions.

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 10:22PM GMT
I hope this helps:
http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS56048860/Friedens-Luthera...

Total Distance: 52.7 miles
Total Time: Approximately 53 minutes
Shortest Time
Shortest Distance
Reverse Directions
AStart: Harrisburg PAEdit
1Depart N 2nd St0.0 mi2Turn left onto Walnut St0.1 mi3Turn left onto N Front St0.0 mi4Road name changes to S Front St0.4 mi5Keep right onto road0.0 mi6Take ramp left for I-83 North toward Hershey / Airport7.6 mi7At exit 51A, take ramp right for I-81 North toward Allentown / Hazleton34.7 mi8At exit 104, take ramp right toward Ravine0.2 mi9Turn right onto Molleystown Rd0.1 mi10Turn left onto SR-125 / Tremont Rd3.8 mi11Turn right onto US-209 / S Tremont St5.3 mi12Bear left onto Church Rd0.2 mi
BEnd: Friedens Lutheran Church
54 Church Rd, Pottsville, PA 17901
(570) 544-6030

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 10:37PM GMT
Thanks for the link but mine wasn't there. (It's really old so I may have to find a caretaker or go to the historical society to find out exactly where it is.)

Posted: 24 Jan 2009 10:42PM GMT
Thanks! I had a pretty good idea where it might be because I've passed the Ravine and Hegins exits each time I go to the Poconos. I figured those towns couldn't be that big and someone there would point me in the right direction. (I'm not afraid to stop and ask for directions! LOL!)

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 9:03PM GMT
Did you ever find the cemetery?

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 9:12PM GMT
It's Clausers Cemetery, Freidens Lutheran Church, Branch Twp. Schuylkill County PA, outside of Minersville PA

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 10:33PM GMT
Yes, I found it. In fact just about 3 weeks ago when I went to my friend's house in the Poconos. I stopped on the way and searched the cemetery but the stone I was hunting wasn't there. A nice fellow who was painting told me to leave my information and if they found anything in their records, they'd let me know. So far...nothing. I did see where there was another Frieden's Cemetery just down the road in Hegins, PA. I didn't stop there but was wondering if maybe my ancestor was there and not in Minersville. Next trip to the Poconos, I may stop and check that cemetery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic