Search for content in message boards

Fosters

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Foster
I am looking for the parents of Walter Foster who was born in Mcleansboro July 23, 1890. I know nothing about his family except he had a sister named Melcena and brothers named Tom and Will. If anyone has seen the Fosters on a census record, or know of this family, please contact me. Walter became a Nazarene minister and moved to New Madrid County, MO where he lived until his death in1968.

Re: Fosters

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2002 9:17PM GMT
I have some info on the Fosters of Hamilton Co. In my files I have found a Milianeca/Milinasa Foster. She was born in Ham Co in 1854 to Samuel Foster Sr and Delila Schoolcraft. Since the name is unusual there might be a connection to your Melcena. You can e-mail me directly at aresm@fuse.net.

Cola (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2001 12:57AM GMT
Am looking for a George W Foster born in 1843 . wife Martha Jane don't know her last name. Their daughter Elizabeth was born in Hamilton Co, Ill in 1862 .Any help would be appericated .Thanks .

Posted: 9 Dec 2001 4:00PM GMT
Sorry, I couldn't find Geo.or Elizabeth in my notes. Do you know where Geo. was born? If I find something I'll let you know.
Cindy

Cola (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2001 4:37PM GMT
Thanks for answering my post. I don't know where he was born i have another name that was in the Bible record with their names a John Augustus Rollo and he was born in Stephenstown New York so he also could have been born there am just not sure. Thanks

Posted: 10 Dec 2001 7:38PM GMT
John Augustus Rollo does not ring a bell. My Fosters from Hamilton Co IL descend from Samuel R. Foster (the 2nd of 3).
He was born Jan,.1 1800 in Harrison Co KY where he married Margret Brown on July 2 1822. He was in IL by abt 1824 and he is listed in the 1840 Hamilton Co census.. His children are William, Mary, Samuel, Sarah, Margaret, Augustine, Serilda, Elenora, Nancy . After Margret Brown died he married Delilah Schoolcraft on Aug 16, 1851. Their children are Louis, Milinasa, John, Cordelia, James, and Mary.
Hope this helps.
Cindy

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bratton, Burrell, Elliott, Fann, Farmer, Stoker, Edens, Midkiff, Utter, McCurdy, Forth
In my TREE, I have Talitha Fann b 1827 in Greene co TN m Daniel Foster in Hamilton co IL b 1826 in TN d 1/22/1864. In the 1860 census House 717 Danuiel Foster 34 M Farmer 400 150 TN; Talitha C., 36 F TN; Mary N 11 F IL; William 10 M IL; Hiram W. 8 M IL; John B 6 M IL; and George 3 M IL.

Nancy Fann b Greene co TNm Absalom Foster Oct 15, 1848
in Hamilton co,IL. notes for them: 1850 census Hamilton co IL; 39 103 103 Foster Absalom 23 yrs M Laborer b TN
40 103 103 Foster Nancy 22 yrs F TN
41 103 103 Foster Catherine 1 yr b IL
'Abner' and Nancy Fann Foster lived next door to her parents.
They were married by Alfred Moore Esq.

Moses Mason Fann b 1832 in Greene co TN d 10/22/1861;
married Sarah F. Foster 10/19.1854 in Hamilton co IL; b 1833 in IL 1860 census House 362 Moses 24 M 600 250 TN
Sarah 25 F IL.
A Foster researcher (Paul Foster in KY) was the one who told me about the Fosters and Fanns traveling across the country in the MIGRATION. I hope that this gi8ves some leads. Bonnie

Robbie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2004 2:25AM GMT
Hi, you are talking about my family also.. The name was not Augustine Foster but Auguston Foster... This is from my father's side... His mother was Ada Bell Foster whose father was Auguston Easton Foster... Ada Bell's uncle was the Samuel Riley Foster that was a minister at Little Springs Church in Hamilton Co. How great to find you.. I am getting kind of lost going beyond Samuel Foster and which Foster is which... I am positive about everything except for the original Samuel Foster who was born in 1763 and married Mary Mayhall Veatch. Do you know if his father was Thomas Foster? Would love to hear from you... Thanks, Robbie McKeage... robbie@arkd.net

Cindy Marasligiller (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 2:06PM GMT
Hi Robbie . Thanks for contacting me. I have Samuel Foster 's (b. 1763) father as Thomas and also as William. I have not figured out which one is right. The source for William is from "The Foster Family and its Ancestors" by W. T. Foster, 1916. I have not seen the book but got the info from a distant cousin. I would love to share info with you. You can contact me directly at aresm@fuse.net. Thanks, Cindy

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 11:38PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2005 1:17AM GMT
I think it is possible that your Absalom "Abner" Foster is my elusive great great grandfather. Do you happen to know what happened to this couple? Also, how do you know that he was called Abner? If Nancy Fann died or if they were divorced before 1852, then this may well be my Abner Foster who married Harcalana Kinney Wallum in 1852 in Gallatin Co., Illinois. The latter couple must have had a Hamilton Co. connection, because Harcalana divorced Abner in Hamilton Co. in 1863. I would love to share information, so please tell me what you can. Dayton Cook
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions