Search for content in message boards

Mobile, AL Chief of Police, U.T. Cleveland has accident 1859

Mobile, AL Chief of Police, U.T. Cleveland has accident 1859

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Cleveland
From the Mobile, Alabama Newspaper

From 1859

"Accident — Mr. U.T. Cleveland, Chief of Police, met with an accident whilst driving home yesterday afternoon. His horse took fright and ran away, throwing him out of his buggy; the right side of his head and his right shoulder struck the ground with considerable force, causing painful bruises. The buggy was broken to pieces."

Not my line, just sharing.

Re: Mobile, AL Chief of Police, U.T. Cleveland has accident 1859

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
This isn't my line either, but here is who he is/was.

1. Ulysses Thomas1 CLEVELAND, son of John CLEVELAND and Comfort GILBERT, was born in Tugalo River, Franklin County, Georgia circa 1801. Ulysses died after 1861 in Mobile, Alabama.

Ulysses Thomas CLEVELAND had the following children:

2 i. William Wesley2 CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Alabama 1825. He married Rececca Ann BULLOCK in probably Alabama, circa 1857. Rececca was born circa 1837.
3 ii. John M. CLEVELAND was born in Alabama 1828.
4 iii. Comfort CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Alabama circa 1830. Comfort died 1833 in Mobile, Alabama, at 3 years of age.
5 iv. Rebecca CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Alabama circa 1836. Rebecca died 1838 in Mobile, Alabama, at 2 years of age.

Grace S. Green

Re: Mobile, AL Chief of Police, U.T. Cleveland has accident 1859

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
The info I posted came from the old 1899 Cleveland/Cleaveland Genealogies compiled by cousins Edmond Janes Cleveland and Horace Gillette Cleveland. While still a good source,I have found a LOT of errors on the Southern lines, in these books, so I did a quick census search and here are those results.

1. Ulysses Thomas1 CLEVELAND, son of John CLEVELAND and Comfort GILBERT, was born in Tugalo River, Franklin County, Georgia 1802. Ulysses died after 1861 in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama. Occupation: Merchant.

He married Sarah UNKNOWN in Alabama, 1824. Sarah was born in Alabama 1807.

Ulysses was listed as the head of a family on the 1860 Census in Mobile, Mobile County.

Ulysses Thomas CLEVELAND and Sarah UNKNOWN had the following children:

2 i. William Wesley2 CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama 1825. He married Rebcecca Ann BULLOCK in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama, circa 1845. Rebcecca was born in Alabama 1830.
3 ii. John M. CLEVELAND was born in Alabama 1828.
4 iii. Comfort CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama 1833. (listed on 1860 census)
5 iv. Rebecca CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama 1838. (listed on 1860 census)
6 v. Joseph C. CLEVELAND was born in Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama 1840. (listed on 1860 census)

Grace S. Green

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions