Search for content in message boards

William F Clark 1789(90) South Carolina, Mississippi, texas

William F Clark 1789(90) South Carolina, Mississippi, texas

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 3:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: clark
my family and i have been searching for our clark line to find William Clark born abt1789 south carolina. his first wifes name was elizabeth isaacks. they married in 1812 in amite mississippi. they had the following children:Elijah, Isaac, James, Henry, mary, Rachel, Rebbecca, Frank, Elizabeth, Amanda, Wilson, and Francis. His 2nd marriage was to Mahala Graham(born 1810 Ky) their children were Mariah, Andrew, Harrison, Margaret, William Barnett, and Anderson. William Clark died in 1856 in Sabine county Texas. if anyone has info on williams parents or where he may have lived in south carolina pleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssseee help. i have most of the birthdates of his children and the marriage date of him and mahala. any other help would be appreciated

Re: William F Clark 1789(90) South Carolina, Mississippi, texas

a.b.clark (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2006 9:40AM GMT
William had no middle name. The (f) more than likely comes from J.W.Clarks research in the 60's. No one todate has come up with his parents names.

Regards
Allen

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 2:31PM GMT
just curious to know if you are from sabine county. if so do you recognize the name SMITH, HORTON, MCCROSKEY

A.B. Clark (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2006 2:00PM GMT
Just saw your question reference Sabine County. No I am not from Sabine county. My family is, my parents are buried there. I am a direct desendent of William & Elizabeth Clark.

Posted: 1 Oct 2006 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: clark
Sherry,
I don't know if Anderson is a uncommon name or not, but my Anderson Clark is my brick wall. Could you please check my dates with yours to see if they match?
Anderson A. Clark (I think A. Stands for Andrew because of a census it was used once)
Born: 10-24-1829 in South Carolina. Moved to Mississippi about the age of 17, Kemper co.ms. Married about 1857 in Mississippi and moved to Texas with his family after the civil war. I would appreciate your help with this.
Lisa

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Clark
I just read your query reguarding Clarks and the mention of J. W. Clark research. I am searching for information on James W. Clark, born 1808 in South Carolina and father's name possibly James also. They moved to Marion County Mississippi before 1820. James Clark is listed amoung early settlers in the area in 1820 and 1830. Son James W. is listed on 1840, 1850 and 1860 census in Marion, MS. James W.'s wife was Hester ? (family members say Mixon), born in Georgia. Hester apparently died before 1860, and James remarried an Anna J, age 42. He also had a daughter named Ann. I have not found James W. after 1860, but his son James Mixon remained in the arer and was my GGrandfather in Covington and Jefferson Davis Counties MS. I have other recent info if this sounds like a connection.

Posted: 24 May 2009 5:36AM GMT
Lisa,

I am researching the same line, and do not know if you have gotten anywhere with Anderson Clark in the last few years. He would be my gg grandfather (vesta v, the youngest on the cencus is not correct. It is Vester V (my g grandfather) and the 2nd youngest really is named Toy (not Foy or Troy).
Anderson is buried at Hillcrest Cemetery in Bell Co, Texas & he was a reverend @ 1st Baptist Church in Temple and married to a Sarah. If you have discovered any additional info, please share with me.

Posted: 24 May 2009 8:05AM GMT
Surnames: Clark
Samantha,
I have quite a bit of information on Anderson Clark. I have the corrections to the two children's names.
I would love to share what I have. I have a little information of Vester so I would love to exchange information. Please contact me directly. lisalh888@msn.com
Thank you, Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions