Search for content in message boards

Wydrna Mazur's

Wydrna Mazur's

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information on my grandfather Josef Mazur born in Wydrna, 15 March 1887, as well as info on the village of Wydrna. Josef's father was Edward Mazur and his mother was Mary Powlaska. I have no other information on Edward or Mary. They were Catholic. Where would I write to for church records? What is the nearest Catholic parish? I found an Edward Mazur in Wydrna and sent a letter about three wks. ago. I'm anxiously waiting to see if I get a response! Josef had a brother John, and a sister Adelka (or Adella). According to my g-uncle John's obituary, there were also two sisters (daughters of Edward and Mary) who remained in Wydrna. I am looking for info on them as well. TIA.

Re: Wydrna Mazur's

Kaz Wojtowicz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2003 3:23AM GMT
I was born in Wydrna;There were at least 20 families with surname Mazur, some of them relative to my family but I am not able just myself precisly identify who is your nearest relative and his addresse Sincerely Kazimierz

Posted: 7 Nov 2004 1:13AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 11:00PM GMT
Would you have known Victor Mazur of Wydrna 145 Dydnia 36-204 woj. Krosno ????

Patricia Schuman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2004 1:31PM GMT
Hello, The last name Mazur caught my eye. My Great Grandmother Regina Mazur Walczyk lived in Gora Ropczyka, Podkarpackie. I realize that Wydrna is south of Rzeszow and Ropczyce is west of Rzeszow, so this is a long shot. But if any of the Mazur's you know are into genealogy, they might be able to make some suggestions. Best to you.
Sincerely, Pat

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Mazur Lesny
I did not know Victor Mazur. What years did he live there? I've compiled a lot of information on Mazurs who emigrated to the U.S. from Wydrna. Many of them moved to my hometown, Monessen, PA. One of them was a Victor Mazur.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 12:45AM GMT
A late reply-- What time period are you talking about? When did he live in Wydrna? I have info on one or two Victor Mazurs who settled in the same place my grandfather did in SW Pennsylvania. If you can tell me the time period he lived, I can figure out if the info matches what I've found. I did not know him personally.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 1:14AM GMT
Victor was born around 1900.He was in the US around 1974 and went back. The last address I can verify is: Wydrna 145 ~Dydnia 36-204, Woj. Kruosno, PL ~ this was in 1974.
Stanislaw Mazur was born 2 Aug 1903 emmigrated 1912. May have moved to West Virginia prior to Chicago, Ill.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 1:21AM GMT
This just seems strange....
My family tree.............
Kasimer Mazur marries Elizabeth Barszczowski
they have a son: Wojciech Mazur B:1887 D:1945
who marries: Emilie Nowak B:1881 D: 1937

Probably no connection.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 1:42AM GMT
Ken

www.ksiazka-telefoniczna.com MAZUR Edward in Wydrna, Podkarpackie woj.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Mazur Pawlowski Lesny
Zlata,

Edward Mazur is the name of my great-grandfather. His children were my grandfather Jozef, John, Adela, and two daughters who remained in Poland (I don't know their names but would like to!). It is interesting that you put up this name as I wrote that Edward several years ago and I never had a reply. I had been told that people in Poland almost always answer back but this wasn't the case. I thought that the Edward living now in Wydrna might be a likely candidate as my father was named Edward, presumably after his grandfather. Any suggestions for accessing records from Wydrna would be appreciated. I don't which Catholic Church would have the records. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic