Search for content in message boards

Sieniawksi's living in PA and OH, relatives of Bartyczak, Pudzisz, and Ziemnik

Sieniawksi's living in PA and OH, relatives of Bartyczak, Pudzisz, and Ziemnik

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sieniawski, Bartyczak, Pudzisz, Ziemnik
My Grandmother's is Katherine A. Bartyczak (4/29/1894 - 11/13/1968), she married John Michael Ziemnik (1/6/1894 - 11/25/1965). Katherine's parents are Antoniego and Anastazji Bartyczak (nee Pudzisz). Katherine was born in Knurow (Knurowie), Poland. Katherine emigrated on July 10, 1909. She was 16 years old.

Katherine and her older sister Rose (1891? - 3/26/1964) came to the U.S. and stayed with their older sister Mary (6/11/1891 - 7/1972) who was married to ? Sieniawski that lived in Pasiac, N.J. Rose married ? Sieniawski brother. At some point some or maybe all of the Sieniawski's moved to PA.

Later Rose, her husband, and their family moved to the Cleveland, OH area. Do you have any further information about the Mary and Rose Sieniawski families? What were their husbands first names? How many children did they have.

I know my father's cousins (Rose Sieniawski’s) that live in the Cleveland area. Three have passed (Mary, Stanley and Edward) and two are still alive. I recently connected up with the two that are still alive.

Re: Sieniawksi's living in PA and OH, relatives of Bartyczak, Pudzisz, and Ziemnik

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 9:20PM GMT
Hello-Did your grandmother have a brother named Josef? He is my grandfather and he lived in Allison PA. S.

Re: Sieniawksi's living in PA and OH, relatives of Bartyczak, Pudzisz, and Ziemnik

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 9:44PM GMT
Yes. Hello there relative of mine. Here is a wee bit of info. I have a wee bit more.

7/6/1907: Jozef (Joe, Grandma’s brother) age 23, leaves the port of Bremen, Germany on ??/??/???? arrives in the USA. Your grandfather and my grandmother left Poland together and arrived in the U.S. together.

His sister, Rozali Bartyczak, is listed as the person he is visiting.

Awhile ago, I once paid the upfront fees for www.ellisiland.org and got the above info.

(http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?MID=1891146...

Do you have a picture of him? There are some men that are in my grandparents' wedding picture. I am wondering if he is one of them.

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Bartyczak
Hi Katerhine-I haven't quite figured out how to use this web-site. I noticed that my cousins Aneila and Dorothea had corresponded to you in 2003. Aneila's email sums up what we know about the Bartyczaks. I am pretty sure that my grandfather, Jozef (Joseph) Bartyczak is your grandmother's brother. I vaguely remember visiting one of the Bartyczak sisters in a nursing home with my mother Mary (nee Bartyczak) around 1965 (plus or minus a few years). I think it was your grandmother, my great Aunt Katie. I also vaguely remember Aunt Rose.
I need to see if I have any photo's of Grandpa Bartyczak. I have seen some photos of him in his younger days he was thin, had a handlebar mustache and a chisled face. I was 3 when he died so I have no memories of him.

I'll post a photo when I find one. Would love to see the photo of your grandmother's wedding. Have you ever heard of the Kolasa family? I think they are related to my Grandmother Bartyczak, (nee Dziga). Sue

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 1:28AM GMT
Grandma (Katie) was never in a nursing home. After Grandpa died in 1965, she and Uncle Walter moved in with Auntie Rosie Feist and her family. Grandma passed in 1968. She fell and broke her hip and then developed pneumonia. There is another Rose in the Sieniawski family. I'm wondering if you visited my Grandma's older sister Rose in a nursing home. I have no recollection of Great Aunt Rose Sienaswki.

Are you on facebook? I have Grandma and Grandpa's wedding photo posted there.

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 6:59PM GMT
Katheryn,
I am on facebook. Perhaps it was Aunt Rose I saw.
Let me know how you want to connect.

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 6:43PM GMT
Great. Okay I am now going to see if I can track you down on facebook.
- Kathryn

Posted: 4 Jul 2010 4:41PM GMT
No luck on tracking you down on facebook. I am on facebook as Kathryn R. Ziemnik. Send me a friend request telling me that your are the Bartyczak relative from ancestry.com. There are many Bartyczak's on facebook. I may be related to some if not all of them.

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Kolasa
Hi there. I searched the surname "Kolasa" on the message boards and your discussion came up. I'm wondering if you know any of the names of the Kolasas that might related to your Grandmother Bartyczak. There were many many Kolasas that came to Pa.from Poland. The ones I'm research are Michal and Mary (Grzbek) Kolasa, who came to Fayette County(south of Pittsburg)in 1904-1905 and had 8 children (John, Alberta, Nellie, Helen, Julia, Frances, Albert, Antonia and Frank Andrew). There are many other Kolasas that cmae to Pa. around the time Michal did, including a Joseph, John Frank, and George Albert. I'm trying to figure out if any of these other men were Michal's brothers, nephews, etc. Michal's immigration record also says he was coming to see his sister Mary (last name unknown).Do any of these names sound familiar?

Posted: 1 Oct 2010 9:16PM GMT
I am not familiar with the Kolasa name. Two Bartyczak sisters ended up in Cleveland. One married a Ziemnik, the other a Sieniawski. Their brother ended up in PA. If I hear anything I will let you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions