Search for content in message boards

Frank Louis Fosmire

Frank Louis Fosmire

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather's cousin JESSIE HINKS (b.Edinburgh, Scotland 1884) married FRANK LOUIS FOSMIRE in Rochester in 1920.In 1930 they were living in Brighton Town, Monroe with their son, DOUGLAS and daughter VIRGINIA and Frank's mother-in-law. AGNES HINKS. Frank was a printing superintendant. Frank also fought in W.W.1 (presumably with the 108th Infantry, 27th Division) in France where he met my grandfather who was with the British forces. Frank and Jessie named their son after my grandfather, Douglas Dawson.
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP ME IN MY SEARCH? (Background info/marriage records etc)
Thank you

Re: Frank Louis Fosmire

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 5:01PM GMT
WW 1 Draft Registration

Frank Louis Fosmire
Age 22
104 Monica Street
Rochester, New York
b. 19 Jan 1895 Brooklyn, New York
Printer-DuBois Press 82 St. Paul St. Rochester
No Dependents
Single

Frank Fosmire
b 19 Jan 1895
d May 1967 Waterloo, Seneca, New York

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 5:23PM GMT
SSDI

Jessie Fosmire
b 26 Jul 1893
d June 1973
Ovid, Seneca County, New York

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 5:30PM GMT
Agnes Hinks died in 1939 at the home of her daughter, Mrs Malcolm Fisher. She is survived by another daughter, Mrs Frank Fosmire.

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 5:42PM GMT
several references to Fosmire, Frank Fosmire, Franl L Fosmire at fultonhistory.com . Be sure to use the exact phrase search option . One article has a picture of Frank in his garden..

Posted: 2 Oct 2008 7:41PM GMT
From the World War Service Record/Rochester and Monroe County NY, Vol 2., pg 517: (published 1928)

Frank Louis Fosmire, 104 Monica St., Rochester NY. Born Brooklyn, NY. Entered the service at Rochester Dec 12 1917, at the age of 23 years, as Private assigned to the 442nd Aero Construction Squadron Spruce Production Division, Air Service Corps, Fort Slocum, NY. Transferred to 28th Provisional Squadron, Spruce Production Division, Air Service Corps,July 27, 1918; 91st Squadron, Spruce Production Division, Air Service Corps. Trained, Kelly Field, TX, Vancouver Barracks, WA. Promoted, Corporal, Feb 15, 1918. Discharged Jan 28 1919.

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 4:53PM GMT
My great great grandparents Charles Hinks (also a printer) and Agnes Hune Rae had seven children, including my great grandmother Helen Mary Hume Rae Hinks 1892-1953. Your relative Jessie Hinks was her sister born 1894. I am recently in touch with decendants of another brother Henry William Hinks 1884-1936, who served in the Australian Army and have a lot of information about him. Which child was your grandfather related to?
Zach

Re: Frank Fosmire

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 6:03PM GMT
My grandfather, Douglas Dawson was the son of Helen Mary Hume Rae (1860-1934 Edinburgh) She was the younger sister of Agnes Hume Rae who married Charles Hinks. Agnes and Charles'daughter Helen Mary Hume Rae Hinks emigrated to Canada in 1920. Agnes and Charles' second daughter Jessie Hinks married Frank Fosmire.Complicated isn't it!

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 2:52AM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me which Dawson Helen M H Rae married and the names of her children or do you have a published tree I could look at? Many thanks

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 8:16AM GMT
Helen Mary Hume Rae married Richard Phillip Dawson (1845-1916)at St Giles, Leith in 1892.
Their children were David (b.1895), Daisy Helen Rae (b.1897) and Douglas (b.1899)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic