Search for content in message boards

Carroll County Database

Carroll County Database

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
The genealogy database I have built now contains almost 212,000 people from Carroll and surrounding counties. I allow the Carroll County Historical Society to use the data for generating ancestor charts. They sell a 7-generation chart, which averages 10 to 12 feet in length, for $5.00. I am always happy to answer any questions I can (at no charge) to anyone who asks for information.

Re: Carroll County Database

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Webb
I am researching the Webb family here in Hendricks County Indiana who are the descedants of Henry Webb (about 1750) and Susannah Cock (about 1763). I have some papers in my possession of which I am trying to find out their source. I believe it could be the history of Carroll County. Henry Webb is on page 84 of whatever this page belongs to and the top of the page is "Page 84 - Carroll 1765-1815". There is also some pages that have "Carroll County, Virginia" at the top and what appears to be census reports with a history of families. Can you tell me the title of the publications these documents came from?

Please email me at Rgbcpousn@aol.com

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 9:57PM GMT
Hi,
I was wondering if you have full obits available? I can trace my family back many generations there in Carroll County, VA. I have names and dates of birth/marriage/death for many. However I am interested in finding more personal info about them such as you may find in an obituary. (where they lived, occupations, how they died, etc.) If I provided you with some names and birth/death dates would you be willing to check for available obits? If this is too much work, just say so please

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 12:05AM GMT
I don't have any obits before 1920 and only a few between then and the 50's. Send me a list to my email address and I'll take a look. There are also some death records available between 1854 and 1896.

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 5:19AM GMT
The only family member I could find that passed away in the time frame you mentioned was William Franklin Bransccome date of death 6/19/1857 in Dugspur, VA. Thanks for trying!

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 12:27PM GMT
There is no record of his death in the county. Also, I do not find a burial place listed in the cemetery book.

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 1:01AM GMT
How familliar are you with this area of Va? I have been considering driving down and doing some research on my own on a long weekend, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to find small family cemeteries and small local churches for records. I would think that most of this info would be available on-line somewhere...maybe I'm just not looking in the right place or asking the right questions. What advice would you have on a weekend info gathering trip?

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 2:59AM GMT
I'm the genealogist for the Historical Society and am fairly familiar with the area. However, churches here have few records and I don't think you would gain much over a weekend. There is a cemetery book that is current up to about 1984 of most everyone who has a tombstone. If you could tell me what you are looking for, perhaps I could save you a trip.

Please email me directly; I seldom visit this site.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 4:20AM GMT
If you haven't tried the New River Valley Historical Notes website for cemetery surveys in Carroll County, you might have some results using this link:

http://www.newrivernotes.com/va/carroll.htm#cem.

Most of the listings have GPS coordinates to help you locate the cemetery.

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 6:32PM GMT
Would you possibly have anything in your database on a James William White who married a Martha Jane Radner on 10 Feb 1876. We are looking for James' parents and place of birth. Would be willing to buy the printout if he is on there with his parents.
Thank you
Also, would you have any idea how to get Carroll County obituaries from the years 1929 and 1932?
Thanks very much,
Shelley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions