Search for content in message boards

John and Joseph Peacock

John and Joseph Peacock

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any info on
John Peacock born 1890 Arkengarthdale but moved to Shildon before 1911 and
Joseph Peacock born 1892 Arkengarthdale, 1911 Shildon.
John may have married an Annie Cook and Joseph may have married a Theresa Martin.
Their father was Anthony Peacock and their mother Margaret Peacock nee Birkbeck.
They ahd a brother Percy who married an Annie Parry sadley Annie died leaving 2 children Percy and Dennis, they were brought up for a while by Anthony then Dennis went to live with one of his Uncles either John or Joseph who had moved to Redcar. Any info would be brilliant

Re: John and Joseph Peacock

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Peacock
Hi Sharon,

My name is Andrew Griffiths and I am also doing research on Joseph Peacock as he is my great grandad, all I know is he did marry Theresa Martino and had a daughter named Maisie Peacock who is now Maisie Griffiths who is my nana...

Have you had much luck? Also how are you related to the Peacocks?

Thanks
Andrew

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 8:20AM GMT
Anthony Peacock 1863 is my Grt Grandfather, we come through his son Percy Peacock, my father was Dennis Peacock.
regards
Sharon Peacock

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 8:30AM GMT
Good morning again Andrew, if you wish I will add you to my editors on my tree and then you can peruse it, I have got quite a way back on Josephs family side so you may find it helpful. Keep in touch and I will help in any way I can
regards
Sharon

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 10:14AM GMT
Good morning Sharon... Thanks so much for your reply. If you could add me to your editors list that would be fantastic, Have you had any luck with photos of joseph or his wife?

My mum is trying to get as much information as she can about Joseph and Theresa for my nana, as she has been in Australia for so long she dosent know much about her family, ideally we would like to get her mothers marriage certificate, would you know where i could find anything like this?

So where abouts in England do you live?

Thanks Again
Drew

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 10:27AM GMT
So Im guessing your father Dennis was ( Maisie Peacock) my nanas brother, so then that makes you my dads (Trevor Griffiths) cousin? Do I have that right?

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 1:30PM GMT
No not Maisies brother, Joseph was my father Uncle, my Great uncle, I will look at the relationship part of the tree and work out our connection. I am so sorry but I do not have any photo's of Joseph but I am looking through my old filings and I will post any of the Peacock family that I do have, what do you know of the time that Joseph was in Redcar.
The whole Peacock family originate from Arkengarthdale, near Reeth, Yorkshire.
There is also a connection to Tan Hill the Highest Inn in England do you know about this.
Have a look through the tree and see if it helps you, I am updating it all at the moment so I keep adding things.
I was born in Middlesbrough but at the moment live in Nottinghamshire.
My e-amil is sharon.peacock8@ntlworld.com if it is easier to contact that way.
I to would love to see any photo's you have related to the Peacock family
regards
Sharon

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 9:47AM GMT
Good morning Andrew, where are you situated, if you want any certs the G.R.O is the best place to order them. I do all mine on line from them, but if you are not in England I dont know how that works, however give me your mothers, mother info and I will see what I can do.
By your mothers mother is that Maisie Peacock to John A Griffiths 1951, Cleveland, 1B 1085. If it is there is a querie beside the name that John married a Peacock or Ward? Any answers to that mystery.
Joseph Peacock was my Grt Uncle, I also have the will of Anthony Peacock, Josephs father.
regards
Sharon

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 5:54AM GMT
Good morning Sharon,

How are things? It would be getting cold there atm wouldn't it?It has been 31 degrees here of late, I live in Cairns in north Queensland Australia, but I was born and breed in Brisbane where most of the family still live. I did order some birth certificates for my nana so im waiting for them to arrive, i brought them from the national archives website,so im hoping they are going to be the right ones. maisie and john are my fathers parents, Regarding the Ward question and I only found this out the other day is that maisie had been married once before to a ward, she fell pregnant,lost the baby, he went to America and thats all i know, and then she married John. I have only just started researching my family tree and it is so con fussing, to many people have the same names... I would love to get a copy of the will, do you have many other printed things on the family? My mum is really trying to get Joseph and Theresas marriage certificate, but finding it hard to locate...

How do i add you to my family tree list so you can have a look?

With the certificates, you know how they come with the 1B 1085 and its just written there,is that all you get when you order it? I have no idea what to expect, or do you get a copy of the original document?

Thanks and enjoy your morning...It is 4pm here atm..

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 7:55AM GMT
Good morning Andrew, yes it is quite cold here, yesterday we had a hard frost but today it has warmed up slightly, no need to wear the thermals and long johns lol.
Does your Mum know the area that oseph and theresa were married in, could it have been Auckland, County Durham?
With the certificates you get a copy of the original and they are full of info, ie the marraige ones will tell you when and where they were married, who married them, who their witnesses were, what are or address they lived at, what age they were, what they did for a living and also what their fathers names were and what they did for a living. The birth ones are also full of info as well as the death.
I have given you my e-mail address if you go on that and send me your address then I will send you a copy of the will and any other certs I can find relating to the Peacock family.
I know what you mean about being confusing with the names being the same, but if I can help I will gladly.
To let me see your tree just put up my user name in the box for people allowed to see your tree eith as a visitor or one of the others but remember to tick the box for me to see living relatives. (I put that as I didnt on one of my entries, you soon learn the ins and outs )
It is 7.52 am over here and now light, do hate the dark mornings.
I am hastily updating my tree so that you can see all relevant info on the Peacock clan.

Off to walk the dog now over the hills etc, have a great day.
Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions