Search for content in message boards

Delaware/Maryland Willeys

Delaware/Maryland Willeys

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 6:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Willey, Griffith
Does anyone have any documented evidence that proves that either Abraham or Thomas Willey of Conn. is the father of John, William, Waitman, Absolom, Levin, Priscilla, Mary, and Elizabeth Willey of Delaware/Maryland.
The only evidence I can find is that when family trees are published on Ancestry the source is listed as an "Ancestry Family Tree" No one seems to take credit for or to know the basis of that idea.
I will have to admit this is my line and I have a totally different take on the parents but I am open to any information that will prove me wrong.
Carol

Re: Delaware/Maryland Willeys

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Willey
How about some dates?

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Willey

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Willey, Griffith
Sorry I didn't make my question clearer .... I am not looking for another family tree - I have stacks of those .... I am looking for documented evidence that would include bible, baptism, marriage,land,tax or death records ...anything written at the time of the event [You are right I should have included dates]
My search is for any document that shows that the father of John, Waitman,etal [who lived in Delaware/Maryland from about 1730 to 1790] was Abraham Willey of Conn. I have copies of land deeds, tax records, and court records that support the connection of the brothers and sisters but nothing that supports the idea [that is often printed as fact] that they are the children of Abraham Willey.
My plea is if we are going to put information out there we verify or qualify.
Carol

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 9:59AM GMT
Some appear to think that if they see the same assertions regarding Willey families in three trees it is "verified."

Folks are even giving as *sources* "GEDCOM file" without even a name of the file, much less reference to a compiler or evidence for anything at all in it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions