Wehinger/Wehniger in Dornbirn

Posted: 16 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2001 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: WEHINGER, WEHNIGER
Children of Martin Wehniger/Wehinger and Margaretha
Pauline Charlotte Wehniger b.14 May 1832 in Dornbirn, Vorarlberg, Austria
Albert Wehniger b.31 Jan 1829 in Dornbirn, Vorarlberg, Austria
The children emigrated to Illinois in 1854 and settled in Monroe County where Pauline married William Lepp, and Albert married Friederike Steinhagen Lott.

Wehinger

Posted: 20 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEHINGER, REIN, LEPP
What great information from the archives!
There is one other Wehinger in Monroe County, IL, USA:
Agathe Wehinger, born about 1853 in Austria, daughter of Ferdinand Wehinger and Anna Maria Rein
She married Johann (John) Lepp, brother of Pauline Wehinger's husband Wilhelm Lepp, on 9 Sep 1885 in Monroe County, IL (he was 51, she was 32)
I assume she was Pauline and Albert's niece

wehinger

Posted: 20 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 12:22PM GMT
Hello,
Martin Wehinger, b.25.7.1779 was married to Margaretha Einsle from Bregenz and they had 7 children:
Josef Anton b. 23.2.1814
Anna Maria b. 21.4.1819 (M: Kaufmann)
Thomas Ferdinand b. 31.4.1821, was married in Dornbirn, had children
Josef Friedrich b. 22.12.1822
Maria Elisabeth b. 21.5.1826
Albert
Paulina
This datas are from the Family-book of the Archive of Dornbirn.
Regards
Meinrad Pichler
Bregenz, Austria

Albert WEHINGER

Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEHINGER
The Albert WEHINGER that is the sister of my ggg grandmother (Pauline WEHINGER) came to America in about 1854 from Dornbirn, so it is unlikely that the photo is of him. It could be of one of his nephews or cousins, however.

Peggy

Wehinger

Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: Wehinger
My Great Grandfather Michael Wehinger came from Dornbirn in the 1870s. His father's name was Joseph A. Wehinger, mother's name Francisca FinKartk. He had a brother named Frank, who I believe settled in MO. Michael settled in Montana. I have pictures that were taken in Dornbirn in the late 1800/early 1900 of several people. The first child was named Albert which makes me wonder if somehow there is a relation. If you have any other information please let me know. I have the pictures scanned so can send for viewing if need be.

Family tree

Posted: 2 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Feb 2002 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Lepp
We are trying to locate the parents of Mathias Lepp who was born in Baden Germany 1809-1870
Married Mary Kealla, in PA. We also would like to know more about her family.

Wehinger

Harald Rhomberg (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Peggy,

Agathe Wehinger was indeed Pauline and Albert's niece. She was the first daughter, born 1853, April 16 in Dornbirn, of Thomas Ferdinand Wehinger and Anna Maria Rein. Agathe has an illegitimate daugther, Anna Maria, born 1872, February 16. Do you know any about her?
Sincerly

Harald Rhomberg
Stadtarchiv Dornbirn
Marktplatz 11
A-6850 Dornbirn

P.S. If you are interested in getting further information about Dornbirn look at: www.dornbirn.at or www.vol.at/DornbirnTourismus

Lepp in Baden

Posted: 25 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wehinger, Lepp
My ancestor, Wilhelm Lepp and his brother John (Johann?) Lepp came to the St. Louis area from Oppenheim, Germany. Their parents were "George Ph. Lepp" and "Hanna Leip". I don't have any additional information about their families.

Re: Wehinger

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Wehinger, Klockenbrink, Stephensmeier, Ottensmeyer
My great-great grandfather's name was Frank Wehinger. He was born in Tyrol, Austria in 1860, then came to settle in St. Louis, MO. I wonder if this is the brother of Michael Wehinger. Frank married a woman named Anna Stephensmeier and together they had a son named Anthony Wehinger. Could this be the Frank that you are related to? Maybe we could share our information. Please let me know if any of this sounds relevant to your search!!!! If this relates to you, maybe you would know anything about the Klockenbrink's.

Re: Lepp in Baden

Posted: 4 Mar 2004 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: Lepp
I also have a John Lepp in my family that came from Germany. I don't know what year but do know around mid to late 1800's. I am trying to search out his family. Do you know dates for the Lepp's you list??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic