Posted: 17 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dushek, Dusek, Blizek, Bliskova, Jirak, Svitak
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2001 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Svitak

I'm doing research on Joseph Svitak, Sr. born 5 jun
1836 in Habry. Wife: Anna (Zluticky) Svitak.
Children Joseph, Barbara, Anton (my husband's
grandfather),Mary, John and Anastasia. This family
and other relatives came to Amer. in 1874 settling
in Nebraska. I'd be very interested in sharing
info.

Dusek

Jill Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harold Loftis, Frank Joe Dusek LilliAnne Loftis Roxie Anna Pexas Jack Edgar Dusek

I am looking for my grandparnts. My maiden name is Dusek, I am the daughter of Jack. Frank Joe was his father, believed to be an orphan from New York. Do not know where or when the family arrived in America. Believed to be of German decent.

Dusek

Joann Russell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am researching my family genealogy. My great-grandmother was Kristina Dusek Jirovec. She had two brothers that I know of: Frank and Victor. She was from Bohemia. She had two children: Lillian Jirovec and Josephine Jirovec who came to the US in 1911. When Lillian and Josephine arrived in the US (NY city), their uncle, Frank, was here. I do not have any other information on Frank. Do you have any information to share?

Alec A Loftis

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Loftis, Loftus
I am looking for the family of Alec A Loftis from Illinois, his oldest son was Henry E. Loftis born 1889 in Ok. Any families out there with a little boy named Alexander in mid 1800's?? Please e-mail me. darharwar@cdepot.net
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2004 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: JIRAK, PECHOTA
My g-g-grandparents were Wenzel JIRAK (1825-1901) and Mary DVORAK (1834-1910). They settled in near Provitin,IA. One of their sons, William, married Anna PECHOTA. Anna's parents were Frank PECHOTA (1845-1931) and Mary POLODNA (1852-1949). They also came from Bohemia to settle in Iowa.
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2004 6:42PM GMT
I also have a little history on Wenzel and his brother Jacob. My grandmother(Lillian Jirak Frana) sent a newspaper clipping to my mother many years ago about a 100 year reunion between the families of the two brothers. It tells about how Wenzel and Mary (and I think their oldest son) sailed from Bohemia and up the Mississippi River to Iowa. I would like to exchange information. I'll send the text of the article to your e-mail address.

ancestors

loretta jirak o'brien (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: jirak wencel

Am g-granddaughter of Wencel and Mary Dvorak Jirak. William was 6th of 9 children. Charles was the 9th and he was my grandfather. Wencel and Mary first settled near Calmar and then on farm near Spillville, all near Protivin,Ia. I have some history of Wencel and his brother Jacob who settled in Minnesota.Will share what I have.

Jirak ancestor

Kae Meier (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kindred, Jirak, Eyerly
My g-grandfather was Frank Jirak. I have just started researching,so I have no dates. He married Minnie Kindred in the early 1900's and had a son Frank Jr.(killed) and daughter Frances. They lived in Salem, Oregon. My sister and I have many old photos of Kindreds and (?) Jiraks, some pre-dating 1900. Unfortunatley, most are unidentified.

I will post more as I learn.

Re: Svitak

Laura Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2001 1:58AM GMT
In response to your long ago posted email, my mothers maiden name is Svitak. Her father John Francis Svitak was born My 30, 1894 in Chicago. He was one of five children with siblings Rudolph, Ann, Mary, and James. My Grandfather John's father was also John Svitak and born in Pilsen, Bohemia. His father was Rudolph Svitak, also from Pilsen. Are there any connections that you have found. Your email was several years old so I hope that you still receive this. Thanks, Laura
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions