Search for content in message boards

pueblos

pueblos

maria contreras (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: flores, arguelles
In your research , have you come across, a place by the name of Sejaqui, its close to,,San Bernardo,..I believe it s close to the Chihuahua border, I wonder what churches would have records for them. I know it exists because as a child, we went there, but it was on
hosrse back. thank you.

sejaqui

maria contreras (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: flores, Arguelles
Thanks for taking the time to write and give me all that info. I'll keep you posted,thanks again. Lilgrama from California

Sejaqui

Raclare Kanal (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
According to Almada's Diccionario Sonorense,

"Sejaqui, Comisaria del Mpio. y Dto.Jud. de Alamos. Comprende 2 Congregaciones y 16 ranchos. 2. Congregacion, Cabecera de la Comisaria de su nombre con 159 habitantes."

It looks like Alamos would be a place to look for records. Now that you know more or less where it is, perhaps you can find other towns nearby large enough to have kept records.

pueblos-Maquipo

Luz Calvo (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Do you know the location of Maquipo, Sonora?
I have found records of a Placido Calvo born of a Joaquin Calvo and Valvina (no last name) in 1866 in Maquipo. I am looking for an Andres Calvo born of a Joaquin Calvo in the area of Alamos in the 1800s. I have been searching the LDS family center records...

Maquipo

Raclare Kanal (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Maquipo is listed in Almada's Diccionario but it gives no new information, really, since you already know it is in the vicinity of Alamos. Out of curiosity I did a search on the name. There is a site that claims to offer a map of El Maquipo. Don't bother with it. "Page not found" is the response to that link and a very large number of others for maps of Mexican towns offered by what looks like a site in England.I did find a site, untitled, that involved Alamos. It describes a project to bring "comunicacion telefonica" to various rural communities. It mentions "los Ejidos,Osobampo, El Tabelo, El Zapote, El Rodeo, El Paso, Piedras Verdes, La Quintera, Cazanate,Cerro Colorado, El Maquipo,Cochibampo, La Vinateria, La Aduana, El Chinal, Burapaco, y la Colonia Urbana Nueva Esmeralda." I don't know if these are considered ejidos, or if Ejidos is the name of a community, but I copied the list in case anyone is puzzling over another of these names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions