Search for content in message boards

McPherson in Camden, NC

McPherson in Camden, NC

Posted: 22 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 11:30AM GMT
Surnames: McPherson, McDaniel, Sawyer, Cartwright
Am searching for information or other researchers looking for information on Joseph McPherson, Elizabeth Sawyer MCPherson, Peter McPherson, Nancy Cartwright, Abell McPherson, Nancy McDaniel, Peter C McPherson, Elisabeth McPherson, William Surrey McPherson, Josephus McPherson, Coatry McPherson, Rebecca McPherson, Breashear McPherson. They lived in Camden, Elizabeth City, Pasquotank and Camden Counties in NC

McPherson

Jackie MacPherson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McPherson, McFarsan, Gregory
I am lookong for a the father of my GGG Grandfather Joseph McPherson born NC 1775.The name of his father was also Joseph. There were Mcphersons in Camden, and adjoining counties in that time period, but I have not been able sucessful in my search to trace the Joseph McFarsan that married Charity Gregory 24 April 1769 Pasquotank Co. Did they move to Camden Co? Any help on the McPhersons greatly appreciated

McPherson/Gregory

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Gregory
I am also looking up Gregory and McPherson in the family line. It so happens so are you. I have relatives who lived in Geneva New York in the eaerly 1800's.
I do not have first names to these people. Gregory was the father of Margaret and she was born in 1829 in Geneva.
Any relation?
Email allenclan@home.com
Thanks
Diana Allen

McPherson

Posted: 13 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Sawyer, Meiggs, Eason, Williams
Dana, You may also want to look in Currituck County and Lower Norfolk County. There were many McPherson in the backwoods area.
Darleen

Re: McPherson in Camden, NC

Molly Baker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2003 8:13PM GMT
I have several McPHERSONs who connect with my SAWYER research. Charles Tillett McPHERSON, b.1887 d.1947, son of Dennis Oscar McPHERSON and Mary Jackson TILLETT married Jane Toxey SAWYER in 1910. His sister, Ida May McPHERSON b.1894 d. 1974 married Graham Toxey SAWYER in 1916.
Ellen McPHERSON b.1827 married John SAWYER in 1842.
Joseph White McPHERSON b. 1818 d. 1908, son of Peter McPHERSON and Nancy CARTWRIGHT married Elizabeth Sawyer in 1847.
Priscilla McPHERSON d. 1838 daughter of Stephen McPHERSON and Elizabeth ? married John Wesley SAWYER.
Sarah McPHERSON b. c.1839 d. c.1870, daughter of Walter McPHERSON and Nancy ?, married Samuel SAWYER in 1863.

linda kester (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2004 10:29PM GMT
i have been looking for the parents of either john SAWYER or his wife ellen MCPHERSON. they had four children: bartlett m., william nathan, margaret, and mary ann. our family history suggests that ellen's father may have been bartlett, and that he married yet another sawyer girt. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Molly Baker (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2004 9:44PM GMT
The only additional info I have is that John was shot by Union soldiers on his front porch during the Civil War.

Re: Nancy Cartwright, Lewis White NC

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: White/Suggs/Tedder/Hataway/Spivey/Grainger/Sellers/Rose/Exum
Hello;

I am looking for information on Nancy Cartwright of NC.

In the 1880 census she was 50 yrs old and is shown as living in Columbus Co. NC with Lewis White 19 yrs old and Millen White 24 yrs old. I do not know what the relation is.

My greatgreatgrandfather is Lewis W White b. 1861 in NC mar Martha W Hataway (as shown on marriage records). Her parents ate William and Prudence C. Hataway.

Children of Lewis and Martha White are:

Prudence Ada White b. 1880 mar Caleb Spivey
John D White b. 1883 mar Orilla Grainger
James C White b. 1885 mar Jennie Sellers
Caldonia (Callie) M White b.1887 mar Will Suggs (She is my ggrandmother).

If you have any information on these lines please let me know,

Thank you,
Debbie

Re: McPherson

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: McPherson, Gregory
I am a descendant of the same Joseph McPherson (Macpherson) born in 1775. A handwritten brief bio of his son Cornelius Gregory Macpherson mentions that this Joseph married Mary Taylor, daughter of John Taylor ('a noted farmer of Roanoke'). The bio was written by Cornelius's son Ernest about 1903 or so. I also have a handwritten list of Joseph and Mary's 12 children with birthdates and places. (The first child's name was Charity.) Joseph moved from Camden Co. sometime between 1802 and 1806, staying for several years in Halifax Co before moving to Williamson Co, TN.

The same handwritten bio mentions that Cornelius' father Joseph had three brothers - James, Cornelius, and Jonathan. It further mentions that Joseph's father was named Joseph, who had three brothers named John, Joshua, and Dempsey. They supposedly came over together from Scotland.

Since Camden County was formed in 1777 from Pasquotank, could they have actually been in the same location?

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 1:56AM GMT
I am trying to find out more about where the mcphersonms in camden originally came from. I still live on the Mcpherson Tillet Sawyer property from the 1800's in Camden NC. My grandfather is Hubert Toxey Mcpherson. He was the son of Charles Tillet Mcpherson and Jane Toxey Sawyer Mcpherson. Please help if you have any information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic