Surnames: Padrick, Paderick, Pedrick
Padrick family in Currituck County, North Carolina

Pedrick

C. Ensor (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pedrick
For Currituck Co. NC

I'm searching for limbs on the Pedrick family tree.

My maternal great grand father was Thomas Pedrick and he married Henrieta Davis on December 2,1852. Their children were: Thomas Jr., Martha, Charlie, James, George, Berrian (my grandfather), Amanda, Elda, and Anna. I'm also told that they, at one time, lived in Onslow Co. NC

If any of this sounds familiar to anyone- please email me.

Thank you.

Daniel Padrick

Posted: 7 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Padrick
Looking for the Will of Daniel Padrick .He married Margaret Casey of Currituck Co. in 1818. Bought land from M.R. Casey in 1826. Migrated on to TN and then onto IN. Feel his Will may be recorded in IN. Wanting information on who inherited the Currituck land or who he sold it to.Any info, deeds or whatever mentioning Daniel Padrick?

Daniel Padrick

Janice Wildman (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Regarding Currituck County inquiry about the will of Daniel Padrick. Daniel and Margaret purchased land from the Goverment in Shelby County Indiana in 1830. The county seat is in Shelbyville.

Daniel Padrick

Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 2:18AM GMT
Thank you for the info. Found out the Currituck land was sold to a William Jones. Would anyone know if Daniel and Margaret Padrick left Currituck with Margaret's niece with them? Dempsey Casey's (Margaret's twin brother)daughter Sarah Elizabeth Casey b. 1821? Family heresay says they raised her as their own. Would like to documentation .

Re: Padrick/Pedrick/Paderick families

Delores Everett Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Padrick, Huffman, Barbee
Do you have a connection to Padricks around Onslow Co., NC? My great-grandmother was Mary Alice Padrick. She married William Furney Huffman. Her daughter, Lucy Lee Huffman Barbee, is my grandmother.

Re: Daniel Padrick

Posted: 5 Sep 2002 5:04PM GMT
Janice, I am just checking in on this, I may have asked you already. Do you have any specific date on this land purchase in 1830. Can you tell me where you found it?
Thanks.

Posted: 13 May 2003 6:56PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 2:32PM GMT
Could you tell me where you got the information on the govt. purchase of land in 1830 by Daniel and Margaret Casey Padrick?
I have them still living in Moyock in 1830 and in Nashville in 1833 and on into Indiana in 1834-35 after an Illinois land purchase in 1834 they sold within four months of purchasing.

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 8:47PM GMT
Hello
I'm researching Padrick branch of my husband's tree. He is descended from Daniel Padrick who married Margaret Casey. I need help identifying his parents. I have found Peter and sarah Padrick who had a son Daniel and son Caleb. I beleive this is the right line. Any feed back will be appreciated.
Thanks
Brenda
brendasher@verizon.net

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Padrick, Carney, Branch, Moore, Smith, Stephens, Pope, Green, Brown
I researched a ton of Padricks - and to the best of my knowledge this is how it reads (If anyone can add/correct, please let me know!):
Peter PADRICK
b. est 1750 in Currituck Co, NC
d. May 1800 in Outer Banks, Currituck Co, NC
married
Sarah unknown surname (possibly DOUGH?)
b. est 1750 NC
d. abt 1812 Currituck Co, NC

Sarah was first married to a McCOY and had 4 known children:
1. John McCOY
b. est 1770 Currituck Co, NC
d. abt 1812 Currituck Co, NC (Will proved Jan 1813)
2. Mary "Polly" McCOY
b. est 1772 Currituck Co, NC
d. aft 1812
married William SNOW, children William and Lydia.
On the 1800 census Wm Snow lived next door to Sarah
McCOY PADRICK.
3. daughter McCOY
b. est 1774 Currituck Co, NC
d. aft 1795
married Thomas GARRETT, children Sarah, Caleb, John
4. William McCOY
b. est 1777 Currituck Co, NC
d. 1795 Currituck Co, NC
1790 Census, Currituck Co, NC:
McCoy, William..................1-1-2-0-1
(Deed: purchased land 1792, Will proved Oct 1795)

After her marriage to Peter PADRICK, there were 2 known children, named in his Will probated Jun 1800:
1. Daniel PADRICK sr
b. abt 1778 Currituck Co, NC
d. bef 1810 Currituck Co, NC
2. Caleb PADRICK
b. abt 1780 Currituck Co, NC
d. aft 1820
Military record:
Database: War of 1812 Muster Rolls:
Padrick Caleb 3 Reg't (Roulston's) W. Tennessee Mil.
Private, Private
(The last record I have of Caleb is the 1820 census in
Randolph Co, Illinois - married w/2 children) I believe
his wife was a Miss COOPER.

I believe Daniel married Phoebe SAWYER. The only child I know of is
1. Daniel PADRICK jr
b. 23 Nov 1798 Currituck Co, NC
d. 27 May 1887 Shelby Co, IN
burried in Boggstown Cem, Shelby Co, IN

Daniel sr died before 1810 and I think Phoebe died before 1800 because I couldn't find her listed on the 1800 census.
That is certainly open for investigation.

The story of this man, his family and descendants is beautifully told in a book entitled "The Padrick Story" written by May Eleanore Padrick James. Indisputably documented.

We know that he was orphaned at about 11 - 12 years old, so both parents had to have died by 1810.

From Currituck co Estate Records:
#344 May 1816 Thomas Poyner Admr. de bonis non of Jacob Sawyer Junr. Decd. former Guar. of Daniel Padrick orph. acct. with Jesse Sawyer the present Guar Jacob Sawyer Junr.

Daniel married #1: Margaret Casey: after Margaret's death
he married #2: Sarah Lester on 8 Dec 1844; divorced in 1849
he married #3 :Susannah Paullin on 16 Apr 1849; divorced 23 Feb 1850
he married #4: Rachel Henricks on 9 Sep 1850 when she was abt 19 and he was 52. Apparently they were very happy together.

According to Obituary of son GW Padrick, Daniel was father of 24 children. I can account for only 20.

In 1834-35, he was in Davidson Co, TN proved by court records.
Land purchase records show that Daniel bought 40 acres 29 Aug 1835 - Marshall Co, IL

THE SHELBY DEMOCRAT
Thursday, November 27, 1879
page 3, column 1
Daniel Padrick, who lives in Sugar Creek township, was given a surprise dinner on last Sunday in honor of his eighty-second birthday. Mr. Padrick came to Shelby county in 1835 where he has been engaged in agricultural pursuits ever since. He has been married four times and is the father of twenty children. Mr. O. D. Padrick, of this city, is one of his children, and was present to engage in the festivities on last Sunday.

Sugar Creek Twp, Shelby Co, IN: Township 13 North - Range 5, 6 East per Plat Directory distributed by the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service, 1997. Sugar Creek Township is bounded on the north by Moral Township, on the south by Hendricks, on the west by Johnson County, and on the east by Brandywine Township. The Martinsville Railroad intersects it diagonally in a southwesterly direction. Its principal streams are the Sugar Creek and Little Sugar Creek. The face of the country is level, and the soil, particularly in the river bottoms, is very productive. The streams are spanned by two very fine iron bridges. Among the earliest settlers of what is now Sugar Creek Township, are the following: John McConnell S.G. Huntingdon Adam Smith, Sr. (the father of David Smith) James Johnson Matthew Campbell William McConnell John Hindsman Joseph Trusler Reuben Strickler Daniel Padrick James White Henry Willard William Dannell David Hoover Linsey Boggess Joseph Hough Robert Myers James Holmes William Hoskins William Croddy William F. Morgan Amos Collins John H. Stewart William Edwards Lee Parrish Boggstown, the only post office, is located in the exact center of the township, and was founded at an early day by William, Warren and Joseph Boggs, three brothers, who were leading men in their day. It is now a railroad station, and contains a Presbyterian, a Methodist Episcopal and Meth- odist Protestant Church, and also a graded school. There was formerly a Masonic Lodge, now removed to Fairland. It is the headquarters of the largest grain trade in the county, outside of Shelby- ville. Hough's Mills, now called the Red Mills, has been in existence for over forty years. Hugh and Adam McFadden were among the early settlers; the former was the father of Dr. William G. McFadden and James B. McFadden, attorney at law, now of Shelbyville. Edward Gird, Representative in the State Legislature (1836-37), was a resident of Sugar Creek Township. The first school teacher here is remembered with great enthusiasm. It was the late William Manwarring, afterward of Franklin, Johnson County. There were formerly a Baptist Church, known by the name of the "Morgan Church," in the north- western part of the township, but the organization has been discontinued. The Methodist Episcopal, of Boggstown was 1826 at the house of Joseph Hough. In 1830, it was removed to the residence of Adam McFadden, one mile south of Boggstown. The Presbyterians had built a church at Boggstown which they offered to the Methodists for quarterly meetings and other great occasions. In 1850, the present church edifice was erected. There are six schools in the townships, five of them have brick schoolhouses. Among the handsome improvements the following deserve mention: Philip Hoops Herman Torline David Smith C.A. Gibson Benjamin Farmbrough George W. Holmes Tillman H. Lee Daniel Padrick Benjamin Willard William Weaver. Many of the citizens of this township have occupied public positions. John McConnell was County Commissioner; John H. Stewart, Sheriff; James O. Parish, Treasurer; T.H. Lee, Sheriff and George C. McConnell is now Deputy Treasurer. ~ ~ From the Atlas of Shelby Co., Indiana, Chicago: J.H. Beers & Co, 1880, page 14.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic