Search for content in message boards

John J. Greene

John J. Greene

Gary Wansiewicz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1999 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jan 2002 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: GREENE, QUILTY
John J. Greene Married to Rose F Quilty Lived Newton, Masschusetts.
Looking for any info on past and present Family.

Re: John J. Greene

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 7:30AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2003 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: QUILTY, WELLS, MONK
Gary, my Great Grandfather was John Timothy Quilty who lived in West Newton, MA. He married Lydia Maria Wells and they had 8 children some born there and some born in East Providence RI where they settled.

His father was Timothy Francis Quilty who was married to Bridget Monk. He died in East Providence but she died there and is burried in that area. I have not really ever looked in the Boston area yet.

I don't find Timothy listed in the immegration lists, buit have noted a large infestation of Quiltys in Canada and have wondered if they landed there and just slid across the border.

I have extensive records of the descendents if you can establish relationship. If you have had any luck going back, and are from this line please get in touch with me.

Best regards, Ed Robinson, Foster, RI

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 6:29PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2003 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: QUILTY, GOSS
Hi Ed I have been Tracing the Quilty Family for about 3 Years now.several Quilty Families from the Limerick Area of Ireland
moved to Boston in the 1850-70's.Mary Quilty moved to Boston with 3 son's Michael,Thomas and James in 1854.As far I have able to establish these Families remained in the Boston area.
Another Quilty Family from Nova Scotia moved to the Boston area in the early 1880's.
Another Quilty Family from Kansas moved to
the Boston area in the early 1900's.
Though some Quilty's from Canada did emigrate to Boston and Mass in General The Quilty Family was well established in Boston and Mass long before.James Quilty fought in the Indian wars in The 1770 and married in Essex in 1773 to a Hannah Goss his Family and descendents I belive stayed in Mass,several of them served in The American Civil War in Mass Regiments.
I have very scant info on Quilty's in R.I any inf you could supply would be appreciated

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2005 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: QUILTY, DOYLE
Anthony,

I also have an interest in the Quilty family, in particular relating to my g-g-grandfather Patrick Quilty, son of John Quilty and Mary Doyle. Patrick (1837?-1898) lived in Boston, and possibly in western Mass. c. 1870. He may have had two sisters, Margaret and Hannah. Have you uncovered anything that matches with this information?

Bob Kenney

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 12:34AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2003 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: Quilty
Dear Mr. Robinson:

My great grandfather was Timothy Francis Quilty. His son, Harry John Quilty was my grandfather. I'd appreciate any info you'd be willing to share about the Quiltys of W. Newton, MA. I live in the area and would like to find out more about my family.

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 3:47AM GMT
Dear John, Your Man Timothy Francis Quilty was born about Apr 1824 in Tipperary, Ireland. He is the son of John Monks b: 1700s in Westmeath and his mother is Bridget Magennis b: Abt. 1797 in Meath. Timothy was Bridget's first marriage where they had 10 children. Bridget then married John Monks and had 3 more children. You need to contact Richard Haverty is has the entire collection for our end of monks'. His email is rhaverty@rochester.rr.com. Have Fun, Maureen Kazarian, mother was a monks of your bunch.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 8:30PM GMT
Your Timothy
Married Bridget monks. They had a farm corner of auburn dale and river streets. In the 1868 newton directory quilty farm is listed. My James monks owned a farm that is now part of the boys school up behind Arbermarle st.

I have lots of info on all the quilties. Too many to list. Is there somewhere where I can drop it off? I'm on the other side of newton still.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic