Search for content in message boards

George Harness, s/o Michael Harness

George Harness, s/o Michael Harness

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Harness, Westfall, VanMeter
My ancestor, George Harness (WV about 1750) was the son of Michael Harness and (I thought) Catherine Westfall. In looking at the Online Family trees, there seems to be the possibility that there are multiple Michael Harnesses. Some list George as the son of Michael and Catherine Westfall, others as the son of Michael and Catherine VanMeter. I think Michael and Catherine Van Meter were brother and sister-in-law to my George. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Leonard Harness, s/o Michael Harness

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 10:22PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Harness, Westvael, Dewitt
I am also looking for info on Michael Harness and Catrina Catherine Westvael??? Is this the same as yours? I am an ancestor of their son Leonard Harness. Catrina Catherine was born in 1728 and her parents were Jurian Westvael and Blandina Dewitt. Please let me know if you think we have a connection here. Leave a message or email: Krista3579@yahoo.com

Re: Michael George Harness

Harold Harness (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Harness
I am a direct descendant of Old Michael Harness. I am interested in your packet. I have been researching The Haaaaarness Family for over 20 years. Have published a book on the family.contact me atHHarn87252@aol.com Harold

Re: Leonard Harness

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 2:05PM GMT
I man the 2ngr grandson of Leonard Harness. You may contact me at HHarn87252@aol.com Harold

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 2:50PM GMT
I am a direct descendant of Leonard Harness son of Michael . Leonard is my 2nd gr grandfather. I wrote a book on the Harnesses an have a large computer file of ancestors of old Michael. I have been researching the Harness Family for over 20 yeaars. If you think I can help, contact me at my e-mail address HHarn87252@aol.com.I sent you message at the E-Maill address you gave and it was returned as undeliverable. Harold.

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 4:36PM GMT
I am the G-G-G-G-granddaughter of Michael Harness father of Leonard Harness

Re: George Harness, s/o Michael Harness

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 11:05PM GMT
Should you not have found corrections by now, I think your best approach to George Harness and your ancestors would be to start over. You began by disregarding what Ancestry warned you about (they warn everyone not to trust the data in the "Family Trees," even theirs on line). Your conclusions are way off-base because those online trees were faulty. I suggest you restart by posting the names of your George's wife and children, and his grandchild from which you descend. Then perhaps I can assist you.
John L. Tevebaugh JTEVEGEN@aol.com

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 11:18PM GMT
Krista, If you haven't found out elsewhere by now, you are confusing the Michael Harnesses. If you are a descendant of Catrina, you are a descendant of Michael, Jr. He was a brother of Leonard Harness, which these respondents should have mentioned. Other Harness questions, post me.
John L. Tevebaugh
JTEVEGEN@aol.com

Posted: 3 Sep 2010 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2010 3:26PM GMT
Hello, my name is Lamane and my Grandfather's name was Toney Harness and he was born in Coahoma county MS, and his fathers name was Tom Harness, and his father I believe was Tom, and his father's name was Michael or Michell Harness, born around 1830 in Virginia, but ended up in Clinton or Hinds county,MS in 1870 I believe he owned land in the area. I think he was related to Edward and Jennie Harness from VA. Have you heard or know of a Michael Harness? Any help will be truly appreciated.
Thank you

Posted: 19 Sep 2010 3:53AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2010 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: Harness, Hoerner
Lamane, I have not heard of your Michael (at least with those descendants) in the Michael Ernst Hoerner(b. 1701 in Baden, Germany) family that became Harness about 1750. I wish I could have helped. John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic