Search for content in message boards

hornaday/ward

hornaday/ward

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
my name is pam(mooney)muns i would like to hear from anyone from the family,william thomas ward born 1850 died 1897 at staffordville,kansas mrried to sarah ann hornaday born sept. 1851 died 1908 at staffordville,kansas william and sarah had the following children 1.william buther 2.john isaac 3.calliek(my grandmother) 4.florance 5.oliver henry. sarah's parents were john s hornaday and rebecca jane canter, william thomas ward 's parents were isaac ward and mary hinshaw,on the ward side i can not get past isaac and on rebecca canter do not know her parents. on john s hornaday i can get back to his parents were isaiah hornaday and sarah ferree,and isaiah hornadays parents were christopher honaday and ann copeland that is as far as i have gotten.you can e-mail me at pam_muns53@yahoo.com or pam muns 200 east 11th hutchinson,kansas 67501 cell phone 620 899-4733

Re: hornaday/ward

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Hornaday
Dear Pam,
I Also Come Off Of Isiah Hornaday/Sarah Free And Christopher Hornaday/Ann/Nancy Copeland.I Have The Hornaday Book Called(The Hornaday's Root And Branch) And It Gives A Few Names Past Christopher Hornaday.
Please Email Me At (gogetter54@yahoo.com )Or Call Me At 317-241-2127.I'll Be Glad To Exchange Info With You.
Debbie

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 5:43AM GMT
hi, i fit into this line too. christopher hornaday and ann nancy copeland are my 6th great grandparents, my 5th great grandfather is john hornaday. any info would be greatly appreciated.

flowerchild_liz@yahoo.com

melissa

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hornaday
Melissa,
Thanks For Answering Back,
I Have To Get Ready For An Out Patient Surgery Tommorrow And I'll Get Back With You On Wednesday Or Thru.
I'll Answer You From My Other Email Address dwessel1557@att.net,Since I Use That Email More.
I Do Have Some Hornaday Info That I can Scann You.
I'll Talk To You Then & Nice Metting You Too.
Debbie

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 12:44AM GMT
my name is pam muns my grandmother is callie(wardmooney her parents were william thomas ward and sarah ann hornaday sarah s parents were john s, hornaday and rebecca jane canter i only know rebecca s dad was jones canter do not have a mother s name my dad was melvin mooney callie s oldest child

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:15PM GMT
Hi Pam:

I was just starting to look at my family history and came upon your name. My grandmother was Florence Ward daughter of Sarah and William Ward.

When I was growing up there was not much information provided from my father or grandmother as to their family history. Any information you may have of Florence's family history would be very helpful. Also, my sisters and I were told that our grandmother had native american hertiage. Do you know if this is true?

This is my work email address but you can contact me through my Yahoo account. kathy.pugliese@yahoo.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 15 Dec 2014 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Hornaday, Canter
Jones Canter married Patsy/Patsey Britt in Orange County, North Carolina on 6 Feb 1828. Some marriage records list Jones Cantral. Joseph Canter and James Capps were bondsman. Joseph Canter is my 3rd great-grandfather, and I believe him to be Jones Canter's brother. At this point, we do not know their parents; just some speculation that includes a Rebecca Canter as their mother. Joseph and Jones most likely had a brother, William who died about 1858; and a sister, Franky, who married William Stout and moved out of state where we lose track of them.

In the 1850 census, we see Jones Canter [46] living in Upper Regiment, Chatham, North Carolina with his children, Rebecca [20], Cornelia [19], Betsey [11], and Green [4], and William [37] (presumed brother). Patsy must have died between 1846 and 1850.

Rebecca and John Hornaday must have relocated to Indiana about the same time as my Joseph Canter and his family. After about ten years, Joseph and Millie (Capps) Canter left Indiana and settled in Pike County, Missouri.

I have located information for this family on Find A Grave also. There are FG memorials for Rebecca Hornaday, and all their children, except Libbie Hornaday Pritchett. Neither have I have found the burial place for John S. Hornaday. If you know where John Hornaday or Libbie Pritchett are buried, please share with me. His second wife, Sarah Jane Cope Hornaday, does have a FG memorial. My Find A Grave Contributor # is 47168007. I am also on Ancestry.

---Debbi Adams Gambert
debjmj@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic