Search for content in message boards

Mabel Tainter

Mabel Tainter

leslie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for Mabel's mother's full and maiden name...thank you...

Re: Mabel Tainter

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 6:41AM GMT
I assume you are looking for the mother of Mabel Tainter in Menomonie, WI. Her mother's full name was Bertha Lucas Lesure Tainter. Her maiden name was Lucas and her first husbands name was Lesure. I hope this helps.

Heather

Gavin Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 6:00PM GMT
Bertha Lucas was my gg grandmother. I have information on her ancestry back to the Revolutionary War and MA settlements in 1630s which I will post later. Do you have any information on her first husband, Guy Lesure, or her father?

Heather Whitman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2002 5:14AM GMT
I don't know much of Bertha Lucas. She is not in my direct lineage. What I do have on her is from the book, History of Dunn County. In there it states that Bertha's parents were Thomas and Elizabeth (Simons) Lucas. They settled in Genesee, Waukesha County, Wisconsin in 1844. She married William Coolidge Lesure in 1845. He died by 1855, and in that year Bertha moved with her parents to Dunn County. The farm they lived on was called Mud Creek. This was near Rusk, WI where she taught school. She met and married Andrew in 1861. It says she had children with Lesure, but no stats are given. It also says that Joseph Simons, a revolutionary soldier who served with Washington at Valley Forge, was her maternal grandfather. There is a bit more, but I am not sure what all you know or still would need from this information. I live in Menomonie, Wi, so I have access to all of her family info. The Mabel Tainter Theater she had made and donated is only 5 blocks from my house. They have a lot on her life and family. Let me know--but use my e-mail address please. heatherwhitman@hotmail.com

Heather Whitman (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 10:46PM GMT
Gavin-
I just wanted to let you know that I came across the court papers of Bertha Lucas v. William C. Lesure. It turns out he didn't die around 1855. He left her in 1852 and moved to California. I have a copy of the entire case and documents. The divorce occurred in 1860. Bertha filed for divorce based upon abandonment. Let me know what you need to know and if you would like me to mail you copies.

Heather

brittany (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2002 1:43AM GMT
i'm in middle school, and i'm tryin to make up a family tree. do you have any suggestions? mabel tainter is my dad's something great cousin.

Gavin Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2002 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Lucas, Lesure, Simons, Hutchinson, Bosworth, Hadlock
To Brittany and Heather:

Mabel Tainter was the daughter of Bertha Lucas (all women's names are the maiden names). I will give all the ancestry I can. Bertha Lucas was married twice, the second time to Andrew Tainter, a wealthy timber executive. The first time she was married to William Lesure. She was born in 1828, he was born in 1822 and they are my ancestors. Her father was Thomas Lucas, born 1798 died 1863 and her mother wsa Betsy Simons, born 1798 died 1863. Betsy Simons' father was Joseph Simons, born 1757 died 1843, who was a revolutionary war veteran. He enlisted three times, twice with Connecticut and once with Massachusetts. He was with George Washington at Valley Forge. He had 11 children with his first wife after the Revolution until 1802 and later moved west with a new wife and had 4 more children. I can trace his ancestry back to Richard Hutchinson, born 1602 in Nottinghamshire, England, died 1682, in Salem, Massachusetts, and his wife Alice Bosworth, born 1606 "Of Holgrove, England", died 1668. Richard Hutchinson came to America during the "Great Migration" from England to Massuchsetts during the 1630s, and as an old man was one of 5 Massachusetts militia captains in King Phillip's War in 1676. We don't hear much about this war now, but it was very big at the time and the Indians might have driven the settlers out of Massachusetts. A bigger percentage of people were said to have been killed than in any American war since. His son-in-law James Hadlock and his daughter Sarah probably lived in Salem during the witch trials in 1692. I count back 12 generations to Ricard Hutchinson which means that I have 2 to the 12th ancestors, about 4000 people at that time, and I think that maybe half of them were in New England at that time, from the limited information I have. Britanny, how is your father a cousin to Bertha Lucas? Heather, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Bertha Lucas is my gggrandmother. I will try to send you my information on the people between Joseph Simons and Richard Hutchinson later. My e-mail is A0906@hotmail.com. I'll be glad to hear from you

Gavin Hamilton

Mabel Tainter Strzok (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2003 12:00AM GMT
Hello Dont know for sure who you are looking for .I was born Mabel M Tainter ,Father Floyd ,Mother Pearl,My greatgrandfather ,AnsonGhoram Tainter,dont know if this helps But thats all I can tell you.,...Sincerely Mabel

Mabel Tainter Strzok (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2003 12:06AM GMT
Hello Im one of the Mabel Tainters ,my father was Floyd,son of Edwin m Tainter ,Who was son of Anson Ghoram Tainter,does this help any? any way this is from me Mabel Tainter Strzok

Posted: 29 May 2014 5:23AM GMT
Hello. I would be happy to help anyone whom may want information on the Tainter's around the Menomonie, WI area. Please email me!
Thanks Marisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions