Search for content in message boards

Withrow ancestry

Withrow ancestry

Regina P. Withrow (Massie) (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2000 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Withrow, Gutridge
My Fathers name was Edward Hubert Withrow Sr. His Father was James Lawrence Withrow My fathers wife Veronica Ruth Gutridge My fathers mother was Parthenia Cordella don't know her maiden name but his dad was in the Blue something orphanage in Virginia

blue virginia - try bluefield

withrow (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Withrow
Try Bluefield Virginia and Bluefiled Wva.

Blue Virginia

withrow (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:42AM GMT
Almost forgot. Pat Withrow ran an orphange in Charleston wva.

Withrow at Bluefield orphanage?

Regina P. Massie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:43PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:41AM GMT
My Grandfathers name was James W. Withrow
he was an orphan at Bluefield orphanage he married a woman that was also there. I believe her name was Parthena. If you know of them in any way please write me back.

Pat Withrow orphanage in Charleston WVa

Regina P. Massie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:45PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:43AM GMT
Thanks for the help I will look into all messages received.

Withrow in Orphanage

Kathie Ostman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:45AM GMT
My grandfather was Jay Withrow...but later adopted as a small child in Missouri. It was said he was born in Mississippi, but that is rather uncertain at this time. When I read that you had a grandfather that had been adopted, I was wondering if he was adopted by a Withrow family....or if he was biologically, a "Withrow"....I have searched for my grandfather's biological family from that Missouri area but to no avail, yet. It was said that he actually had blood family in Billings Montana and thus far I haven't been able to track any Withrows from Billings either. If you could tell me about your grandfather, and if he was biologically a Withrow, tell me where he was born, and what year he was born, as well as when he was adopted. Maybe this is a peice of the missing puzzle for my grandfather.

Thank you,
katheio@mcn.net

reply to Katie Ostman re Withrow in Orphanage

Regina Massie (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: Withrow, Cordella
My Grandfather was born James Lawrence Withrow. He was never adopted. He married a woman named Parthena Cordella at The Blueridge orphanage. We have relatives in MD VA WVA Ohio Idaho and other points west.
Hope you find your roots I am still trying. Regina Massie

re: Regina Massey on Pat Withrow

Robert Withrow (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:24PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:43AM GMT
My great grandfather is Pat Withrow founder of the Union Mission and the orphanage that you ask about. How can I help you?

James L. Withrow married woman from orphanage

Robert Withrow (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 9:48AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 1:44AM GMT
My Grand fathers name was James L. Withrow he was never adopted. He had the following brothers and sisters to my knowledge,
Rita,Earl,Rose,Pauline,Ruth,James,Edith,Edward,William and another3-5 children. He married a woman from the orphanage first name Parthena do you have any info for me?
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Withrow, Ross
Robert,

Do you know who Pat B. Withrow Parents and Siblings are and who was your father? My grandmother was a Withrow and her fathers name was Albert Ross Withrow. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions