Search for content in message boards

John Wesley Cleveland

John Wesley Cleveland

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for people who are Members to his Family this was a big family living in and around friendship,al.and then some went to mississippi and now we are all over america

Re: John Wesley Cleveland

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 4:29PM GMT
Which one? I have 3.

Born 1828, 1850, 1880?

Grace

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 9:57PM GMT
He was born on Feb.27,1950 His wife was Nancy Caroline Dyar He was my Great Great Grandfather

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 3:51PM GMT
Please inform me of any errors.

1. John Wesley1 CLEVELAND, son of Obadiah David CLEVELAND and Hannah SKELTON, was born in Franklin, now Hart County, Georgia 27 February 1850. John died 26 April 1929 in Hartwell, Hart Co GA, at 79 years of age.

He married Caroline (Nancy) DYAR in Franklin, now Hart County, Georgia, 8 September 1867. Nacy was born in Franklin County, Georgia 17 July 1851. Nancy died 27 November 1926 at 75 years of age.

John Wesley CLEVELAND and Caroline (Nancy) DYAR had the following children:

2 i. Lou Etta2 CLEVELAND was born in Franklin, now Hart County, Georgia 1869. She married Cephas (don't know what this given name is supposed to be) GANTER circa 1889. Cephas was born circa 1864.
3 ii. Indiana CLEVELAND was born in Franklin, now Hart County, Georgia 1871. She married William GREEN circa 1891. William was born circa 1867.
+ 4 iii. Reuben King Joseph CLEVELAND was born 24 November 1873.
5 iv. Minnie E. CLEVELAND was born in Franklin, now Hart County, Georgia circa 1876. She married Lewis BOBO circa 1896. Lewis was born circa 1871.
+ 6 v. Myra Capalola CLEVELAND was born 11 May 1878.
+ 7 vi. Thomas A CLEVELAND was born June 1883.
8 vii. Rosa CLEVELAND was born 1885. She married John MILLER circa 1905. John was born circa 1880.
9 viii. Sidney CLEVELAND was born in Hart Co GA December 1887. He married Lela SMALLY in Georgia, circa 1912. Lela was born in Georgia circa 1892.
10 ix. Wesley Earnest CLEVELAND was born July 1889. He married Anna HODGES circa 1914. Anna was born circa 1894.
11 x. Emma CLEVELAND was born July 1892. She married Eli STEPHEN circa 1912. Eli was born circa 1887.
+ 12 xi. Columbus Obadiah CLEVELAND was born March 1898.

Grace S. Green

Posted: 25 Nov 2009 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Cleveland
John Wesley and Nancy are my Great, Great Great Grandparents.
John and Nancy > Reuben and Amanda . Fredrick and Lilla Ivey > Guy Edward and Annie ruth> Darrell and Francine > to Me Dara Cleveland Mayfield - now living in south TN.

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 5:40AM GMT
Hi I would Like to ask you a question About Reuben Cleveland.Birth 24 Sept 1784 in Tugaloo River, Franklin, Georgia Death 5 Apr 1874 in Tugaloo River,Franklin, Georgia. I have it that his parents was John Cleveland 1760-1846 and that his mother was Comfort Gilbert 1770-1846. I Joined this Cleveland group at Yahoo it is called Cleveland and Allied Families.well in this group a person said Reuben Cleveland was the son of John Cleveland and Molly McCann. Can you help me with this and let me know what is true. If it is easier for you to call me please do so.My name is Secky Reid 504 400 8267 thank you

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 6:00PM GMT
I do not have a son named Reuben for John Cleveland & Mary (Mollie) McCann. It helps us and hurts us that they all gave their children the same names.

I have the eldest son of John & Mollie as Larkin born in 1848. I also have the eldest son of John & Comfort Gilbert Cleveland as Reuben Larkin and born in 1848.

I have a son named Reuben born circa 1732 to John Cleveland and Elizabeth Coffey, who was dec'd before 1778, when the will of this John Cleveland was proved.

In the early days of my reseaarch (over 40 years ago) have gleaned a lot of my info on these families from the old Cleveland Genealogies compiled in 1899 by two Cleveland cousins, Edmond Janes Cleveland and Horace Gillette Cleveland, tracing the Northern line of Moses Cleveland. Although there is some good info if you can find a source, there are many errors in this publication on the Southern Clevelands.

Having said that I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Grace

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 5:45PM GMT
John Wesley Cleveland was my GGgrandfather. His son Rueben Joseph was my Ggrandfather. His son Gilbert Ryan was my Grandfather. I want to learn more about John Wesley if I can. I have dates etc. I would like to know about his life and times. Please reply if you have any information. Thanks to all my cousins out there. Wendell.

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 3:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2011 3:05AM GMT
John Wesley Cleveland was my GGgrandfather too. He and his wife Nancy Moved from Hart Ga.to Douglas, Al.He bought Land and built a big house He and Nancy Had seven children in Hart, Ga. and five was born in Douglas, Marshall County, Al. When My Ggrandfather was about three years old around 1886. All the children was running around the house chasing the mule. My Ggrandfather was hiding behind the chimney and when all the children ran by he went after them and the mule was chasing the kids, and the mule kicked him in the head.Well John and Nancy took Thomas into the house and sent for the doctor.The Doc said that he was not going to make it cause when he was kicked it took off some of the bone. Well My Ggreandfather didn't die. John Wesley Cleveland Planted lots of Cotton on his land, he was very polite and soft spoken They never said a bad word,and went to church on Sunday. Your Ggrandfather Ruben was my Ggandfathers Thomas and George, Brother.

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 6:28PM GMT
Gilbert Ryan is my Great Uncle, Roy Nelleen, his brother was my Grandfather. Rueben King Joseph was also my Great Grandfather. Small world, if anyone is looking for more information on this line of Cleveland's I MIGHT be able to help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions