Search for content in message boards

Rosetta Winnie Bohannan/Bohannon

Rosetta Winnie Bohannan/Bohannon

Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Bohannan, Bohannon, Wilbanks
Hello,

I am new to this list, so please bear with me.

My maternal grandfather was Melvin Marshall WILBANKS, he was named after Marshall, AR, and was the youngest of 13
children.
His parents were Rosetta Winnie Bohannan/Bohannon b. 07 APR 1882 - Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR d. 26 JAN 1953 &
John A. or W. Wilbanks. They are both buried in the "Old
Church" Cemetery, in Bryan Co., OK.
Children of John and Rosetta Wilbanks :
1. Rubedie
2. Eartha Nevada
3. living
4. Bertha Ester
5. Buna Vista
6. Eargle Edgar
7. Delta Cleora
8. William Daniel
9. living
10. Venis Jewel
11. living
12. living
13. Della Gathie

Rosetta's parents were Charles Daniel Bohannan/Bohannon &
Dulcena Chandler.
John Wilbanks's parents were Edgar Wilbanks &
Nancy Jane White.

Is anyone familiar with these names?
Could you please help?
Am willing to share info.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
De Anna

Re: Rosetta Winnie Bohannan/Bohannon

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 10:59PM GMT
De Anne

I am Venis's granddaughter. I have several generations researched. i am copsmom_99@yahoo.com

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 2:58AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2002 4:28AM GMT
Rosetta Winnie is my 1st cousin 2 times removed. My father and I got information on Rosetta and her family from Rosa Hibdon Adams in 1980.

Venis is my 2nd cousin 1 time removed.

Our mutual grandparents are Wm. Alexander & Mary Menerva Cotton Bohannon. Do either of you get to Searcy Co., AR to do research? Just got home from there on the 2nd after attending the Ancestor Fair. Went down to Van Buren Co. to try to locate the area where Daniel & Nipsey lived but no luck yet.

Willing to share what I have.

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 8:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 2:54PM GMT
I am familiar with the Chandlers and the Bohannons The Bohannons come on my Cotton side and Chandler on my Griffin side. Will Share what I have;
Shirley

Posted: 12 Jun 2002 1:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2006 6:19PM GMT
i would love to go there. i knew rosy well. i am trying to get in touch with the cousin that got her research when she died. you went there for an ancestory fair? if it is what it sounds like, i would be interested in going next time. also we have a family reunion here every year. usually in june. if interested i will sent you info on next year when it gets set up.
i am very interested in sharing info
thanks
elizabeth

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 8:37PM GMT
Please E-mail ccross@choctawnation.com on the Chandler/Bohannon/Adams/Wilbanks Family
Thank you Carolyn

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Adams/Chandler
Family of King Solomon Chandler and Sarah Adams

The dates and other information about King and his wives and children come from various of his descendants. The dates they give all appear to match with census records both in relation to births, marriages and deaths so they appear to be quite accurate. However except for checking census I have done no verification so while I believe the information is accurate it is not verified.

Sarah was King’s second wife. He married first Louisa Jane Stephens in KY about 1844. They had at least one son, Joseph Frank Milton born 15 Feb 1845 in KY. Sarah and King probably married 1849/1850 since they appear as a family in the 1850 Van Buren County AR census. According to descendants of the family King was living in KY, He joined the Kentucky volunteers and went to Texas to fight in the Mexican War. He came home to KY in 1849 to find his wife had died. He moved with his mother, his son and two sisters to AR. It appears he married Sarah soon after coming to AR. Sarah was born 11 May 1831 in Searcy County, AR. King born 2 Sept 1823 in KY. Sarah died 19 Apr 1863. King died 10 Mar 1874 King’s parent were Zachariah and Elizabeth Kelly Chandler.

Children of Sarah and King were all born in AR. They are;

John B born 7 Dec 1850
Francis Marion born 1851-52
Mary Elizabeth born 4 Jan 1856
Dulcena born 26 Dec 1859
Synthia born 12 Feb 1860
Henry Josiah born in 18628 Apr 1862

King’s third marriage was to a widow, Minerva Griffin Clayton. Married 28 Dec 1865.
Children of King and Minerva are;

King Raymond Chandler born Nov 1866
Victoria born Apr 1869
Berry Princeton born about 14 Mar 1871
Allen Rose born probably 1875 in AR

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 9:28PM GMT
King Solomon Chandler- Sarah "Sallie"Adams- Charles Daniel Bohannon Bohannan Rosetta Winnie Bohannan Wilbanks

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 3:51PM GMT
I found this on the internet King solomon Chandler
King Solomon was described as Dark Complexion- Gray Eyes- 5' 10"- Cherokee Blood
Does any one know where the Cherokee Blood came from<? Father: Zachariah Chandler b: 1776 KY?
Mother: Elizabeth Kelly b: 1784 in South Carolina?
KING SOLOMON CHANDLER was born September 02, 1823 in Caldwell KY, and died March 10, 1874 in Red River Searcy AR. He married (1) LOUISA JANE STEPHENS August 17, 1842 in Caldwell KY. He married (2) SARAH SALLIE ADAMS 1846 in AR daughter of ROBERT ADAMS and SINTHA CATES Smith ? He married (3) MINERVA GRIFFIN December 28, 1865 in Arkansas.
King Solomon joined the Kentucky Volunteers on 1 Nov 1847 and went to Texas to fight in the Mexican War. He was wounded at Vera Cruz, Mexico and was discharged on 15 Jan 1849. After returning home and finding his wife had died, King moved with his son, his mother, his two sisters Amanda CHANDLER Duncan and Sally Ann CHANDLER Duncan and their families to Van Buren Co., AR. They later moved to Wiley's Cove (now Leslie) Searcy Co., AR to be near his half brother Charles BOYD. King Solomon was described as Dark Complexion- Gray Eyes- 5' 10"- Cherokee Blood
Cairo, IL > 96th district, SC > Caldwell Co., KY > Van Buren Co., AR > Searcy Co., AR
King Solomon joined the Army as a Private in Company J, 4th Kentucky
Volunteers on 1 Nov 1847
Between 1823 and 1847 he moved from (1) Cairo, Illinois to (2) the
96th district, South Carolina, to (3) Caldwell County, Kentucky, to
(4) Van Buren County, Arkansas to (5) Searcy County, Arkansas.
Birth: 2 SEP 1823 in Caldwell County, Kentucky
Death: 10 MAR 1874 in Red River Township, Searcy, Arkansas
Burial: Leslie Cem., Leslie, Arkansas
Event: Military the Mexican War
Residence: Wiley's Cove (now Leslie), Searcy, Arkansas 1870 Wiley's Cove (now Leslie), Searcy, Arkansas
Father: Zachariah Chandler b: 1776
Mother: Elizabeth Kelly b: 1784 in South Carolina
============================================================================Marriage 1
Louisa Jane Stephens
Married: 17 AUG 1842 in Caldwell Co., KY
Marriage Ending Status: Death of one spouse
Children
Joseph Frank Milton Chandler b: 15 FEB 1845 in Kentucky
Marriage 2
Sarah (Sallie) Adams
Born: b: 11 MAY 1831 in Arkansas
Died: 9 Apr 1863 in AR
Burial Leslie Cemetery
Married: 1846
Father Robert Adams Born June 09 1793 in Kentucky and died July 06 1865 in Searcy Arkansas Parents of Robert Adams: Matthew Adams and Esther Barnett He married Sintha Cates in Hopkins county Kentucky January 03 1814
Mother Synthia Cates Smith Adams born October 30, 1798 North Carolina and died October 01, 1865 in Searcy Arkansas Arkansas Sintha parents are Abner Cates and Eustacia Turner Cates
Children of King Solomon Chandler and Sarah (Sallie) Adams Chandler:
1 John B. CHANDLER b: 7 Dec 1850 in Van Buren Co, AR Left Arkansas when he was 16 years old Didn’t get along with his step-mother and went to Texas Returned when he was 100 years old and Died in Arkansas
2 Francis Marion CHANDLER b: Abt 1851 in Wiley's Cove (now Leslie), Searcy, AR
3 Mary Elizabeth CHANDLER b: 4 Jan 1856 in Searcy Co, AR
4 Cynthia CHANDLER b: 12 Feb 1860 in Wiley's Cove (now Leslie), Searcy, AR
5 Henry Josiah (Joseph) CHANDLER b: 8 Apr 1862 in Wiley's Cove (now Leslie), Searcy, AR
6.(My GGGrandmother)
DUCLENA CLEORA CHANDLER, b. December 26, 1859, Leslie Searcy AR d. August 1897, Bear Creek Searcy AR.
DUCLENA CLEORA CHANDLER was born December 26, 1859 in Leslie Searcy AR and died August 1897 in Bear Creek Searcy AR. She married (1) CHARLES DANIEL BOHANNON 1880 in Marshall County Searcy AR, son of WILLIAM BOHANNON and MARY COTTON. She married (2) JAMES ROBERTSON.
Notes for DUCLENA CLEORA CHANDLER:
Name: Dulcena Chandler
Sex: F
Birth: 26 DEC 1859 in Wiley's Cove (Leslie), Searcy Co., AR
Death: AUG 1897 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR
Note: Strychnine Poisoning?
Dulcena Cleora Chandler Daughter of King Solomon Chandler and Sarah(Sallie) Adams Chandler was born December 26 1859 in Wiley’s Cove now Leslie Searcy County Arkansas. And Died in August of 1888 With Burial at Bear Creek Cemetery in Searcy county Arkansas (According to Mr. Harrell, father in law of Mary Frances Harrell, Dulcena was sick and the doctor gave her Strychine by mistake, and there was no milk in the house to use as a antidote and she died) Dulcena married Charles Daniel Bohannan/Bohannon/Bohanan, who was born on February 07 1858 the son of William Alexander Bohannon and Mary Cotton Bohannon, the had a family of five Children:
Marriage 1 Charles Daniel BOHANNAN/ BOHANNON b: 7 FEB 1858 in Arkansas
Married: 1880 in, Searcy, AR.
Note: States on the 1880 Census they were married during the year.
Children
1.James (Jimmy) William BOHANNAN b: 21 DEC 1880 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR
2.(my GGrandmother)Rosetta Winnie BOHANNAN b: 7 APR 1882 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR
3. Sarah (Hattie) Elizabeth BOHANNAN b: 23 APR 1884 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR
4. Elen Jane BOHANNAN b: 22 JUN 1887 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR
5.William (Billy) Walter BOHANNAN b: 17 JAN 1892 in Bear Creek, Searcy Co., AR

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 3:18AM GMT
The only names that I recognize in this thread are Daniel and Nipsey and several of the locations mentioned in AR. I am from Daniel -> Daniel -> William C -> John Jasper -> Everett -> Martha -> Me (Keary) I have little but an willing to share. I have seen several of these names in other posts but have not been able to connect them to me. Any help would be appreciated. krh7@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions