Search for content in message boards

Isaac Page and Lydia Horn

Isaac Page and Lydia Horn

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've probably put this out here before but I'm a dreamer.

Isaac Page was born in 1810 and he married Lydia Horn (or Horne) in 1836. Their marriage is recorded in both Hallowell and Chelsea (may have been the same place at the time, don't remember when they separated). After their marriage they lived in Pittston, then back to Chelsea.

Can anyone tell me who their parents might be? I know there were a lot of Pages in Hallowell but don't know if any of them claimed Isaac. And Lydia (born 1811) seems to have sprung up out of nowhere. She had sisters Elizabeth and Sarah but I can't find anything more about her.

Sure could use some help.

Re: Isaac Page and Lydia Horn

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 9:01AM GMT
Surnames: Page, Horn
Hi,
I have had great luck with the Maine State Archives. The link is,

http://www.maine.gov/sos/arc/

A death record may have their parents names. See if you can get a hold of Anthony Douin. He is very helpful and very knowledgeable about Maine history.

Good luck, Liz

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 2:27PM GMT
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I should have posted their dates but they both died before the state started keeping records. I've been in touch with the town clerk who was very helpful but could only tell me they lived in Pittston before moving to Chelsea.

Guess I'll keep digging, I may strike gold some day!

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 10:59PM GMT
Hi: Has someone been helping you? If not, oplease e-mail me. jhayden31@yahoo.com Joan

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 1:08AM GMT
Joan

Thanks for your reply. I tried to respond via the address you gave but it bounced back as undeliverable saying this is no longer a valid address. I'm going to try again but am sending this "in case." You can reach me directly at
ofhmhe@aol.com

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 10:22PM GMT
I'm sure you have the info by now about Isaac but if not I can supply it. 4 brothers and 2 brothers in law all in Civil War. Interesting family in more ways than one. Let me know if I can be of help.

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 10:48PM GMT
I can trace Isaac's family down (and I agree it's an interesting family) but still can't go backward with him or Lydia. If you have information on either line I would love to share.

My email is ofhmhe@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic