Search for content in message boards

William Dagg

William Dagg

Posted: 5 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Dagg, Bradley
Iam searching for ancestors/descendants of William Dagg dob unknown in Bekemore, County Tipperary. Bapt. Nov. 25, 1827, in ModreenyParish. Emigrated to Kincardine Twp., Ontario, Canada abt 1850.Married Eliza/Elizabeth ?

Re: William Dagg

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Dagg
My side of the daggs came from the same area - they were James Dagg & Ann Ardell, son was John dagg 1835-1887, and Jane Dagg. I think a number of brothers and cousins must have emmigrated at the same time around 1818=1819 but have no proof

Re: William Dagg

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:59PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 8:01PM GMT
Making an assumption that the families were Church of Ireland.
A Irish History Foundation has the parish records for Modreeney.

Parish Modreeney (Cloghjordan) baptisms 1846-1911, marriages
from 1845-1911, deaths 1827-1911

If the deaths are inscriptions not just entries of a death in a parish register then you may be able to get some family information. The gravestone inscriptions are another
place to look for family background often there was enough information for a family tree. There would be a Heritage
Society or Museum or Library that may have these. Most likely you would need to purchase a Journal from a Heritage
Society.

Annette Code

My husband surname Code/Codd is related to the Dagg's of Wicklow that went to Lanark Co. Upper Canada. Staunch Protestants. I was fortunate to be able to get back to 1813 and record prior to that non existant.

If they left Ireland before 1819 they would not even be in the Tithe Applotments 1820-1839, a census substitute. You should be able to find those that stayed behind in the
1850 Griffith Valuation. www.askaboutireland.ie

There are also 5 Dagg's in the Tipperary telephone book,
mostly Nenagh.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions