Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on Dick Wood

Looking for information on Dick Wood

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2008 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Wood
He was born around 1900 and died 1960. His parents as far as any family knows are unknown. He was born in or around the Onslow County Area of North Carolina. He also married an Ida Cox b 1906 and died Dec. 4, 1989.

Any information will be helpful in this. I am researching my family tree.

Re: Looking for information on Dick Wood

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I have found out since this post the other day, that this "Dick" Wood's first name was William. He was my great grandfather. Our family was told he was orphaned when he was a small child. So if anyone has any information to share please feel free to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 9 Aug 2008 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Cox
I need to make a correction here. The actual person I am looking for is Letha E. Wood aka Dick Wood. He married an Ida Cox. His parents were a George and Elizabeth Wood. He was orphaned at an early age and was raised by a Paul Wood.
He was born in Mar of 1900, and died in Jan. 1960.

Thank you in advance.

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Cavenaugh, Cox
My grandmother was Letha Wood's sister. Bonnie Adell Wood Cavenaugh. I talked to Ida years ago and she told me she thought my grandmother was adopted by someone in Sneads Ferry. Sad to say I've never found anything else about her. She told me she was very pretty and had long dark hair. She died when my mom was 10 years old. Never seen a picture of her. But my aunt told me she and my mom stayed with Uncle Dick and Aunt Ida after their mom died. She liked Uncle Dick. She said she remembers everyone coming to their house and all the laughing. She was only 5 to 6 years old. She said they didn't see him too much after their dad got remarried. I'll ask her if she has any more memories that she can share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions