Search for content in message boards

Angus Kennedy (St. Raphael's look-up)

Angus Kennedy (St. Raphael's look-up)

Garry (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2004 8:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Angus Kennedy and Mary MacDonald, Lot 22 in the 1st of Kenyon. (Children etc.) Thanks, Garry.

Re: Angus Kennedy (St. Raphael's look-up)

Posted: 7 Apr 2004 9:01PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2005 10:47PM GMT
Garry,

Angus Kennedy and Mary MacDonald Lot 22 on the 1st of Kenyon were my 2nd Great Grand Parents. Their daughter Isabella Kennedy married John MacDonell and their son Angus John MacDonell (Lot 24-6th Kenyon) married Catherine Janet Campbell and their daughter Frances Irene MacDonell was my mother.

I have just 5 children listed as follows:

Donald Kennedy born 1802 died 1861 married April 29, 1845 to Nancy MacDonell

Mary Kennedy born March 22, 1809

Janet Kennedy born July 26, 1810 married Sept 7, 1830 to John MacDonell

Margaret Kennedy born Feb 15, 1812

Isabella Kennedy born 1815 died aft 1877 married Oct 12, 1835 to John MacDonell.

If you want any more let me know also I have a few of the ancestors of Angus.

Tal MacDonald

Garry Carscallen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2004 2:06AM GMT
Tal: Thank you very much. Your information was very good. Angus Kennedy and Mary MacDonald of Lot 22 on the 1st of Kenyon would be my 3rd great grandparents. Their daughter Margaret Kennedy married Archibald MacDonald of Lot 25 on the 1st of Kenyon. Their son Archibald MacDonald married Maryann MacDougald of Lot 22 in the 4th of Kenyon. Their daughter Catherine MacDonald married Stanley Carscallen. Their son Edward Loyst Carscallen was my father. Further information on the ancestors of Angus Kennedy would be greatly appreciated. Your cousin Garry.

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2005 10:47PM GMT
Garry,

I sent a Word Doc on the Kennedy's to your e-mail address as it would be rather large for the message board but it was returned?? Let me know if there is a problem and if I should send again.

Tal

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 8:16PM GMT
Sorry Tal: I don't know what the problem is with my e-mail, try this address instead. It should work. Thanks. Garry
rikkersmom@hotmail.com

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Carscallen, Loyst
Garry, who were the parents of your Stanley Carscallen? Were they Archibald Newton Carscallen & Matilda Loyst? If so, who were Archibald's parents? Trying to piece Carscallen families together, not sure who parents are for a few of the Carscallen's.

Thanks from Nora

Posted: 21 Mar 2006 12:04AM GMT
Nora: Archibald Newton Carscallen was the son of Edward Luke Carscallen and Isabella Jane Huff. Edward Luke was the son of Isaac. Let me know if you need more information. Garry

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy
This is an old thread, so crossing my fingers I will hear from you...
We're pretty certain we've identified our Kennedy connection to Donald Kennedy, b. 1817 to Angus Kennedy and Mary McDonell/McDonald of Kenyon 1 lot 22/23. Donald married Nancy/Ann McDonell and had several children, one of which is Angus, b. about 1848. Am in the midst of proving this Angus is our Angus (dates are slightly off, but parents names and faith are correct as are their children's given naming pattern).

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 11:30PM GMT
Hello,

I have this Angus Kennedy in my data base and show him as my first cousin and one of 8 children.

Tal

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2013 3:50AM GMT
Have you traced this Angus forward? Our Angus was b. sometime between 1848-52 (I'm finding years fluctuate from census record to census record). His marriage cert. from Montana in the US in 1887 lists his parents as Daniel Kennedy and Anna McDonald. He spoke some gaelic and was of Roman Catholic faith. We've been told by professional researchers that Daniel/Donald were sometimes the same name (gaelic pronunciation similar). Ditto with Anna/Anne/Nancy. He was born in Canada. So of a survey of 1861 Canadian census index, the family of Donald and Ann/Nancy fits. It's actually the only family that fits well at all. We were also told Angus had a sister named Catherine. Does any of this match the Angus you have in your database?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions