Search for content in message boards

Logering, MN

Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: KRAMAR, OVEN, POZNIK, STEBLAJ
Hello Jerry
According to "Minnesota Places: Now and Then" Logering was in Meeker County in 1880. It's listed as a location or post office. I could not find it on a plat map of the 1930's, so it must have disappeared by then. Hope this helps you!
Anna

Logering, MN

Jerry Virnig (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Finneman
My grandfather, John Finneman, was born in Logering, MN March 24, 1880. I cannot find a county for either the town or township of Logering. Can you help?

Logering, MN

Phil Holm (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Here is a copy of my answer to a similar question that was posted to MNSTEARN-L mailing list. From what is in this book I would say that Logering is in Stearns County. Section 31 of Luxemburg township is just a "hop, skip and jump" from Meeker County (well maybe only a "stones throw" away).

The following referenced page numbers are from Mitchell's "History of
Stearns County" 1915.

Page 203-4. As part of "statistics for 1889" there is listed a mission
Logering. I noted that a mission is defined as a church without a
(resident?) pastor.

Page 223. Part of the write up about Church of the Assumption, Eden
Valley. "...held the first services here on March 10, 1894. At first a
hall was hired for church purposes, and fitted out with the furniture of
the Logering Church, which had been discontinued."

Page 251. Section on former churches. "Logering: The settlement of
Logering, or Pappelbusch, in section 31 of the township of Luxemburg had
a church for 15 years. A congregation was organized in 1877 and Father
Leo Winter attended the mission from Cold Spring. Subsequently it was
attended by fathers from the abbey and Richmond and Cold Spring until
the church was closed by order of Bishop Zardetti at the end of 1892.
Its title was, Church of the Assumption, and its last pastor, who
visited it from Richmond, was Father Clement Dimpfl."

A search of Stearns History Museum's catalog
for "Logering" returned two items.

Phil Holm
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 6:01AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2004 8:43PM GMT
I have information on the township of Logering. Though it no longer exists if you need some history I'd be willing to pass it on- Michelle

Re: Logering, MN

Posted: 31 May 2004 6:15AM GMT
We share the same grandfather. I am George Finneman's daughter and have just started researching.

Posted: 23 Sep 2005 12:09AM GMT
I great grandfather, John Finneman, born in 1880, in Polaski township, Morrison County, Minnesota. There seem to be two Finneman families in this area, about the same time, but I can not seem to connect them. This John was married to Theresa (Kummet), with children Lauretta (Laura), Agnes, Cedonia, Mary, Cresince, and George. George would be my grandfather. This George is where our connection is in question. Then George marries Ann Borich, and has children John George and Maragaret Finneman. Is this the path you are on?

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 3:28PM GMT
Hello, Me and my friend are researching this town, and we have discovered that it used to be a town a long time ago but once the train station moved everyone slowly left. From our understanding it used to be in between Eden Valley and Watkins, MN.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 12:48AM GMT
Good research website for Minnesota place names:
http://mnplaces.mnhs.org/upham/

search the spelling Loegering.

Here is the result
http://mnplaces.mnhs.org/upham/people.cfm?PlaceNameID=14022&...

Meeker County
EDEN VALLEY, a railway village in the north edge of Manannah, platted in 1886, was euphoniously named by officers of the St. Paul, Minneapolis and Sault Ste. Marie Railroad (Soo Line). The city with Stearns County began as Pappelbusch (often spelled Popple Bush) in Manannah Township in 1877, a German name meaning "stand of popple trees," on a site two and one-half miles east of the present Eden Valley; it was incorporated as a village on April 25, 1894. August Loegering came to the site about 1880, bought a farm on the border of Stearns and Meeker Counties, opened a general store and a post office called Logering, 1884-93, the post office department misspelling his name. Loegering was born in 1857 in Waconia, later moved to Long Prairie, where he died in 1938. When the Minneapolis and Pacific Railroad built through sections 2 and 3 of the present city, all businesses moved there; the post office, begun as Eden Lake in Stearns County in 1872, was transferred to Eden Valley in 1887.

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 7:44AM GMT
Hi!

August Loegering was my Great Great Grandfather's son, his name was Johan Herman Logering when he married to his first wife. Our name was changed to Loegering when his first wife died and he took a second wife. That area August bought was named after his Father. Many of us still live in the area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions