Search for content in message boards

Father of Mary Rosa Alexander

Father of Mary Rosa Alexander

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mitchell, Alexander
my niece is needing some help in finding and family lines that trace her 2nd great grandmother's parents and if they came from Ireland? Mary Rosa b 1860 I think in North Carolina and married a William F. Mitchell of Virginia near Carroll Co. Va. her was b Jan 1848 d 1910 in Va. one of their sons Richard Clyde Mitchell b 16Mar1891 Carroll, Co. d26Oct1966 near francy Gap, Carroll, Co. he marred a Miss Etta b abt 1887 of Va. any help would be gratefull

Thank you

Re: Father of Mary Rosa Alexander

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 4:57PM GMT
I wasn't able to locate a Mary Rosa, too many to figure out which one might be yours.

Interestingly, the 1920 census says she was born in Va and her parents were born in PA. 1910 says she and her parents were born in VA.

Sarah J.'s birth record lists her mother as Mary Ann M. Mitchell.

I could not find a marriage record for them

Have you gotten Mary's death certificate or checked the death records for Caroll Co.? You might also get her maiden name from the death certificates for Richard Clyde or her other children.

Good luck.
Sandra

Re: Father of Mary Rosa Alexander

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 2:52PM GMT
She was Mary Ann Lyon, (18 May 1859-16 Jun 1934). She was born in Carroll County, d/o William Stephen Lyon and Mary Ann Croft. She md William Fonrose Mitchell 20 Dec 1876 in Carroll County and had 8 children.

Richard Clyde married Mary Etta Morris 04 Dec 1915 in Carroll.

If you have more questions, you can email me directly at RONHALL1 (at) EMBARQMAIL.COM (address written this way to avoid spybots.)

Ron Hall
per page

Find a board about a specific topic