Search for content in message boards

Jenny Wiley

Jenny Wiley

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 7:08PM GMT
Hello All, I am a relative of Jenny Wiley and have her family tree dating back to 1732.I was born in Paintsville Ky and now reside in Dayton, Oh. I would love to trade info on Jenny with anyone interested in the life of a very brave frontier woman.There were a few books written about her life which i have and treasure.Please email me if interested! Jan

Re: Jenny Wiley

Posted: 26 Jul 2001 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 1:39AM GMT
Jenny Wiley is my 6th great grandmother. I live in Marysville, Ohio and would love to hear about your collection and compare notes and exchange information with you.

Sandy Meacham (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am also a descendant of Jennie Wiley's. My line is from Adam Brevard Wiley, John Wiley, Winchester Wiley, Sarah Francis Wiley Phillips, V. Nerine Phillips to me. I have the books on her life also. I was at the descendants day at the Jenny Wiley Theater last July in Kentucky and met some of the other descendants. I visited her gravesite a couple of times. I am fascinated with her. I've heard the story all my life from my Mom and last year we finally was able to trace exactly how we were related to her. Sandy

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 2:29AM GMT
Hello! Yes, I feel a special bond to her also. I was told the story all my life and have passed it down to my grandchildren. I hope next year i can go to Kentucky to the reunion. Where do you live? I am in Dayton Ohio. Born in Paintsville where both my parents grew up.Dont get down there too much anymore because all my relatives have passed away and really no reason to go. I do go to the Apple Festival when i can. Keep in touch and nice to meet another cousin! Love, Jan

Sandy Meacham (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 2:50AM GMT
Hi Jan, I live in Downers Grove, Illinois. We have friends down in Morehead, Kentucky and go down there every year to visit and the past three years we make a trip to the Jenny Wiley State Park and also visit her grave. I hope to go down for more of the meetings in the summer. Maybe next year at the opening day of the play you can meet me down there. Would like to meet more of the descendants. Have you joined the Jenny Wiley Association? They send out newsletters quarterly and let you know what they are doing regarding Jenny. They got an overpass in Paintsville named after her. Love to new relative, Sandy.

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 3:56PM GMT
Sandy, I joined the assoc. i think, but havent heard anything. Maybe you can keep me informed. I miss going home to see my Grandfather and Mother, i have so many good memories of Paintsville.Jenny Wiley State Park is awesome isnt it? Maybe i cna get down there in the spring. My grandkids would really love it. Take care and put me on your buddy list. Bye for now,cuz! Jan

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2006 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: WILEY, LEMASTER, MEADE, DAVIS
Just thought I'd say hello from Cadillac, MI - have been reading messages regarding Jenny Wiley. My research on my late husband's side (Vern DAVIS b. 1941 in Paintsville, KY), so far indicates Jenny was his maternal gggg grandmother through Meade/LeMaster, Katie Wiley, Andrew J. Wiley, and son of Jenny, William b. 1801. My grown daughter, grandchildren, and I visited Jenny's grave two years ago & the state park en route to NC. So, I guess my children would be distant cousins of yours. It's so interesting reading about Tom and Jenny's descendants! Take Care, Peggy

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2002 5:02PM GMT
hi Peggy, So nice to hear from another descendent of Jenny Wiley. I was born in Paintsville in 1948 and was brought up with the story as far back as i can remember.I read where there are over 3000 living descendents all over the world. I so want to go to the family reunion this year but i have taken custody of 5 of my grand children and my life is so hectic and i am single and work full time. I am in Dayton Ohio.....please keep in touch...Love, Jan

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2006 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Wiley/LeMaster/Meade/Davis
Hi Jan - Wow! You are a brave one taking on 5 grand kids!

You mentioned being born in Paintsville in 1948. Do you, by any chance, recall a family by the name of DAVIS? As I mentioned, my late husband was Vern Davis b. 1941 in Paintsville. His mother was Beulah & father, Lawrence. They had five kids after Vern; Don, Doug, Jeanna, John, and Jessie (b. 1949). I'm not sure how long they stayed in Paintsville.

I've been trying to track them as far as when they left KY for Marion, Ohio.

Talk to you later. Take each day at a time! Thanks, Peggy

Posted: 17 Aug 2002 3:01PM GMT
I am also a direct descendant of Jenny Wiley. I come through Jenny and Thomas Wiley's son William Wiley, his son Andrew Jackson Wiley, his son William Elsey Wiley, his son Frank Wiley, his son Eugene Franklin Wiley, and me, Craig Michael Wiley. I was also at the Descendant's Day in the summer of 2001 at the Theatre. My middle daughter, Jenny, was with us as well. Does anyone have info on The parents of Thomas Wiley?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions