Search for content in message boards

Peacock family, ireland, Scotland, Australia

Peacock family, ireland, Scotland, Australia

Peter Peacock (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PEACOCK, KNOX
I am an Australian descedant of the Peacock and Knox families who originally came from Renfrewshire.

My branch of the Peacock family first went to Co Antrim, Northern Ireland and then to Australia. The earliest member located in Co Antrim was Chestnut Peacock (1720 - 1800). A later descendant my g-grand father Samuel Peacock married Elizabeth Knox in Roseyards Presbyterian Church and later migrated to Australia.

At the time of Samuel's death he was visited by James Peacock (1823 - 1875) who came from Renfrewshire. I believe that they were related, and therefore assume my family originated from Renfrewshire.

James parents were Walter Peacock and Agnes Andrew. James was probably baptised at the Abbey Renfrew, although I have not found an entry for it. There is however, a record of a John and Jean children of the same parents being baptised there.

James also had a brother William who migrated to Australia.

Children of William married Ferguson's and Cochrane's and these names also occur in Renfrewshire.

I am interested in any information that will establish a link between the two branches of the Peacock family.

Re: Peacock family, ireland, Scotland, Australia

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 2:09PM GMT
Was Peter Peacock the father of Elizabeth, the wife of Elisha Applewhite, Wayne Co., NC. This Peter died about 1825.
wj

Re: Peacock family, ireland, Scotland, Australia

Posted: 10 Nov 2007 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Peackock, Simmons, Taylor, Boswell, Wiley, Eddleman, Little
Hi. I think that we may have a connection. Peter Peacock is one of my ancestors. He was born about 1793 in Randolph, Wayne, North Carolina. He has 2 sisters and 4 brothers also born in Wayne, N.C. His father is William Peacock, born abt. 1757 in Dobbs, Wayne, N.C. and he died in Randolph, Wayne, N.C. abt. 1838. Peter's mother is Absilla Bardin, born abt. 1765 in Surry, VA and died abt.1805. They were married in Wayne, N.C. abt. 1786. I have obituaries for some Peackocks and Marriage certificates as well. Contact me if you feel this could possibly be a connection @ beric324@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic