Search for content in message boards

William Charlie Wood

William Charlie Wood

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 1:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2008 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Queen
Searching for any info on William Charlie Wood that married Dora Ann Queen in Wilkes Co. NC

Re: William Charlie Wood

Posted: 18 May 2013 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Honaker
This would be my great grandfather. He fathered at least one son, John Wood, my grandfather who I know little about. I know that John lived in south western WV, War/Bishop areas and was a coal miner. He married Winne Honaker and had several children, 11 I believe. He developed Black Lung working in the mines. Tragically he shot grandma Winnie 7 times and believing she was dead then fatally shot himself. Because of this little is known, or at least has been told, about John Wood or his family. I'm interested in the Wood family geneology and would love to know any information that you have learned about Dora Queen and William Charlie Wood. If there is anything about our branch of the family tree that you are interested in please contact me. Thanks!

Re: William Charlie Wood

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Woods, Mounts
Sara,
How coincidental! I'm also researching this family! Do you by chance have John's obituary? I'm trying to connect for certain to this family but need documentation to do so. Hopeing an obituary of one of William C. Wood and wife Dora Ann Queen's children will name surviving children to make the link!
Thx!
please email me off the board.
Thx!
trackingyourroots@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions