Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM LEWIS SR.

WILLIAM LEWIS SR.

RON LEWIS (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LEWIS
LOOKING FOR CENSUS INFORMATION ON WILLIAM LEWIS SR. IN THE 1830/40 EARLY CO. CENSUS. NEED AGES OF EACH OF THE FIVE(5) LEWIS FAMILIES IN EACH CENSUS REPORT. THIS WILLIAM LEWIS SR. IS CONNECTED TO A GEORGE LEWIS,REV WAR VETERN, FOUND IN THE 1790 CENSUS OF BULLOCH CO. GEORGE MAY BE WILLIAM LEWIS SR? WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON THESE CENSUS REQUEST.

Lewis/Woodcock

Posted: 20 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2005 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Lewis, Woodcock
I really am no help, but did you know as William m. Elizabeth Woodcock Sept. 4, 1809, a James Lewis m. Nancy Woodcock 11/27/1809? If you know Bulloch Co., you will see as I have how so many of the names of that county wound up in the Early, Calhoun, Clay and adjoining counties. Believe the Woodcocks are related to my Rhymes/Rimes family of Bulloch & Calhoun Co. Can't find the proof other than a death certicate filed in Henry Co., AL in the early 1920s.
Good luck on your search..

Re: WILLIAM LEWIS SR.

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 12:47AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: , lewis ,anderson,harrell,crosby,strickland,huddler,woodcock
i have a william lewis, sr b. 1755 n.c.,moved bulloch co, ga 1800/1810, then to early co, ga 1827. william died there 1843.his wife lucy died 1851 early co, ga. their children; elizabeth, william jr, david e, james, john w, lucy, and sarah. have a little info on some of the children.
how does william sr connect to george? would like to exchange info. thanks jim

mbrown (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2004 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: JAMES LEWIS OF BAKER CTY, GEORGIA
Do you have any more information on James Lewis? He was in Baker County, Georgia and died in 1836. His wife Fereaby??? and children Amy husband Richmon, Allen wife Ellender, Seborn(Seburn) wife unknown, Dicy husband J. P. Crosby. This is my line. Any help appreciated.

jim lewis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2004 9:59PM GMT
Surnames: lewis,anderson,crosby,harrel,nesmith,pollard
mbrown, we are descended from henry lewis, the last child of james lewis. we do have, we think, all the children of james and his father, william,sr. would like to find proof of feraby name. lets talk,thanks, jim lewis in georgia.

mbrown (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2004 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: LEWIS, HOWELL
I may have wrong Lewis? Do you have a list of James children? I do not have a record of Fereaby maiden name. I was sent a copy of the bible record from Louisiana several years ago but only listed that James had died in 1836 not when or where he was born. My ancestor was a Amy Lewis who married Howell. In Decatur, Mitchell County area of South Georgia. Amy was born in 1815-1816 and her father was supposedly James that is about all I know just trying to find James father. Any help is appreciated. I don't use my EMail because of to many virus on that.

jim lewis (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2004 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: lewis,howell,crosby,sellars,nessmith
mbrown,you have the right lewis. james father was william.i have all james' brothers and sisters. the bible you refer to is probably allen lewis'. allen moved to la. and died there.he is buried in pine island cemetary east of simpson, la.amy is allen's sister. i have more info but this is a difficult way to exchange all that i have. i would consider regular mail but prefer e-mail.
are you a descendant of amy lewis howell?born aug 16,1817.

mbrown (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: LEWIS,HOWELL,GRINER,RAGANS,BASS
Yes Amy is my kin. AS YOU SAID THE BIBLE INFORMANTION IS FROM ALLEN LEWIS BIBLE . Amy Lewis was second wife of Richmond Howell and had three children: Amy, Virginia Barto and James Allen. Amy Howell married Henry J. Griner, one of their daughter Rose Annie Armatha Griner married Master Kirby (also listed as Gerby) Ragans, one of his sons was Avery Preston Ragans who married Mattie E. Bass and I am their daughter.
You can find Amy and Richmond in 1880 census under Mitchell county, Ga.. Son James Allen was married to Marina E. and living in separate household with 2 children by 1880. I have very little information on Amy Lewis. Know she lived around Hartsfield, Ga at one time. But was told the cemetery had been plowed under. I know where her daughter Amy is buried but not Amy Lewis Howell. Any help appreciated. You can use Email if you prefer but dont want to send back so include address on email please. Thanks we appear to be kin way back.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Lewis/Keel
hello,
i think i am finally busting through a brick wall when i searched bulloch and found both woodcock and lewis in the same census.
i am wondering if William Lewis and Elizabeth Woodcock were parents of Elizabeth Lewis, b 1810 baker co, GA and married Hansel Keel, b 1803 South Carolina. They were married 1831, possibly baker co also. They were buried in Vernon Parish LA before 1900.
if anyone has any info on Hansel and Elizabeth, please let me know. this brick wall has been standing solid at least 15 years with some 6 families researching.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Lewis
Jim, I am a descendant of George LEWIS of Tattnall Co. Would be interested in comparing notes. Thanks. Nancy@nilsenfamily.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions