Search for content in message boards

John Gange

John Gange

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 7:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gange
I'm trying to trace the birth details of my great grandfather John Gange who was born in 1861 in Oldham, Lancashire, according to the 1891 & 1901 censuses. He moved to Bristol and married Mary Ann Taylor in 1888. He died in 1913 in Bristol. Any help appreciated.

Re: John Gange

Posted: 18 Dec 2007 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: GANGE
David

This man has been puzzling me for a long time. I have several Ganges born, married and died in the Rochdale and Oldham areas at the same time that John suddenly appears in censuses claiming an Oldham place of birth. I haven't found any trace of a birth registration for him but often wonder whether I can claim him as one of my Lancashire Ganges. There was one other unrelated (to me) Gange family in Lancashire but they were a long way from Oldham.

His wife Mary Ann emigrated to Canada in October 1913. I had some contact with one of the Canadian descendants a few years ago but at the time they weren't interested in following up the family history.

John just remains an annoying oddity for me.

Brian Gange

Posted: 19 Dec 2007 7:38AM GMT
Hi Brian,
Thanks for your reply. John Gange was my Great Grandfather, so I want to follow my family name. My Grandfather, John Wilfred Gange, remained in Bristol, while Mary Ann Gange (Taylor) and his siblings went to Winnipeg between 1908 and 1913. John Gange was admitted to Bristol Lunatic Asylum in 1911 and died there in 1913. I have various certificates, shipping records, etc if you are interested.
Please get in touch if you want any information about my branch of the family.
Kind regards,
David

Posted: 4 Jul 2008 3:26AM GMT
Greetings! Gange is my family name and I was wondering why were the only Gange here in the Philippines? some help please....

Posted: 8 Dec 2008 7:39PM GMT
Hello
I am looking for Gange family. Mary GANGE (1839-1928) married James Taylor (1842-1903) Crewkerne Dorset.
Family included Thomas,1868, Blanche,1870, James, (1872-1928). buried in Ocean View cemetery in Vancouver, m, Annie Dyke Morgan(1863-1934)buried OceanView.
I don't know if this goes with your family tree, but I can list the later generations. Do you think we might have a match?

Posted: 8 Dec 2008 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gange
Hi there, cbain179

I'm afraid not. My Ganges were over the county border in Devon. There were an awful lot of Ganges in Dorset in and around Crewkerne. You're sure to find a match somewhere on Ancestry.

Brian gange
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions