Search for content in message boards

Shamokin Henningers

Shamokin Henningers

Toni (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 2:38PM GMT
My father was Marlin Emerson Henninger, his father was Charles Henninger married to Sallie Schriver, his father was Ephraim, married to Mary Warwick, his father was Joseph, married to Sarah Reed and then Mary Eveland, and his father was Thomas. If any of this helps you, let me know. I've been working with Joyce to fill in the blanks.

Shamokin Henninger

K Henninger (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2001 12:31PM GMT
Maybe you can be of help. My grandfather was Henry Abraham Henninger who was born in Shamokin, PA. I do not know who his father is (he was illegitimate)and am searching for any information. My grandfather was married to a Sheetz who was a descendant of Kerstetter.

Henry A.

Toni (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2001 1:47PM GMT
Sorry, I went thru the names and the only Henry has middle initial F. There still are names of children missing of my grandfather's brothers. That Henry was the son of Monroe Henninger, and that would have been my great uncle, and Joyce's g-grandfather (I think). Will post any new info I run across.

Henry A

Kim Henninger (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2001 4:44PM GMT
Thanks for your response. We have traced our family history way back on my grandmothers side but have been at a standstill here. Anything you come across would be helpful.

Henry A.

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2001 9:40PM GMT
Hi Kim,
I'm Joyce, the Joyce Toni made reference to in her reply to you above. We are linked together by the Shamokin Henningers. My g-great grandfather was Monroe Henninger B.1852 and was married to Susan Ebright. They did have a son Henry who was a brother of my great grandfather James William. Do you know what year Henry was born? Do you know for sure he was illegitimate? Get back to me and we'll compare notes.

Joyce

Shamokin-Henninger

K Henninger (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 6:37AM GMT
Yes, I am sure he was illegitimate. His full name was James Henry Abraham Henninger. He went by Henry Abraham. He was born 5/8/1890 in Shamokin, PA.

Shamokin - Henninger

K Henninger (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 6:38AM GMT
My uncle gave me additinal information. James Henry Abraham Henninger born 5/8/1890 in Shamokin, PA.

Shamokin Henningers

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 7:56AM GMT
Hi Kim,

The Henningers were something else. Monroe Henninger (who very well might be Hennry's father) owned a bakery in Shamokin (Henninger's Bakery). His son, James William (known as William) was my grandfather's father. My grandfather was named after him, William. My grandfather was also illegitimate. It seems, James William got two women in trouble at the same time. So the story goes, he married the other women, not my g-grandmother. He was, however, given the Henninger name and his grandfather, Monroe, was very good to him. It seems James William was a "chip off the old block". Further down on the message board take note of the message from Wayne Henninger. He is also someway connected to the Shamokin Henningers.

The brothers and sisters I have for Henry (received from Toni) are: Lulu (married Samuel Auman), Marcella (married Joseph Bramhall), Louise (married Harrison Feese), James William (my g-grandfather), Joseph, Ambrose (married Jennie Derk, Harry (married Anna Koster) and Arthur. Do you have any similar information?

I'm interested in hearing how the story went concerning the birth of Henry Abraham. If you would like to e-mail me directly send to joyceann@bellatlantic.net. Maybe between you, myself, Toni and Wayne we can get all these Henninger's straightened out.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Joyce

Shamokin - Henningers

K Henninger (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2001 9:41AM GMT
Our story goes as such: My grandfather's (James Henry Abraham's) mother (name-unknown) had three children. My grandfather who was a Henninger then his 1/2 brother and sister Sallie & Wesley Henninger. Henry was born illegitimate.

Shamokin Henninger

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 12:14PM GMT
K
I have Henninger and Kerstetter in my family line. They are from Shamokin, Pa.
My grandmother was an Erdman. Her mother, Bertha Bixler's parents were Francis Bixler and Ida Henninger. Francis and Ida had a daughter, Ida Henninger who married Joe or Joseph Kerstetter. Anything sound familiar??
I show Ida Henninger's parents as Aaron Henninger and Elizabeth ? I found pictures of Robert Kerstetter/Elizabeth Gass family reunion on the internet @ rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/pa/northumberp/photos/kerst003.jpg if your interested.
The pictures also have Bixlers, Schlegels, Hummels, and Haldeman's.
By the way, if you are connected to this family in any way, for your information, I have connected President Dwight David Eisenhower to my grandmother, Erdman.
Vivian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions