Search for content in message boards

Patchin Family

Patchin Family

Bob Meese (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2003 2:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knight, Winans, Backus, Gardiner
From reading the Message boards If would appear that you may have many Patchin family from the New York area.
I am looking for a Martha Ann Patchin born around April 1845 in New York. Married William S Winans 21 Sep 1865 in Dover Plains, Dutchess NY. Found her on the 1880 census in NH. They had two children up to that time and Sara E Winans was my Grandmother's mother. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bob Meese

Martha Ann Patchen

wbh (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2003 6:36PM GMT
This isn't much in additional information, but the Winans Family Genealogy, compiled by Alice Winans EWgy Woolley, says that Martha Ann Patchen, born 16 April 1845 at Dover, NY, died 25 August 1920 at New Britain, Connecticut, married 21 September 1865 at Dover, Duchess Co., NY to William Salter Winans.

Perhaps a Connecticut death certificate would name her parents.

Re: Patchin Family

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 5:21AM GMT
Hi Bob...
Your Martha Ann Patchin is mentioned in "History and Genealogy of the Patchin-Patchen Family", Grace Patchen Leggett, 1952, p. 660. What in particular are you interested in?
Ms. Leggett's book does not go very far down the Winans tree, just to William's son William Jr., to William Jr's. daughter Jeane, with _very_ little detail.
On the other hand, Martha Ann Patchin's ancestry back to Joseph Patchen born about 1610 is documented.
I'm starting a website to document all the facts in Ms. Leggett's book, but I've only recorded through page 214 so far. If you're interested, the site is http://www.patchin.us
If you're so inclined, and know the descendants of William Winans and Martha Ann Patchin down your branch of Patchin descendants, I would be delighted to add your information to my website (when I get to page 660).

Best regards, and good luck in your researches,
...Shel Michaels

Bob Meese (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 1:58AM GMT

Shel Michaels (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 4:34AM GMT

Bob Meese (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2003 2:29AM GMT

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 7:50AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 5:01AM GMT
I am trying to find the Martha Ann Patchen/Patchin who md John Corey on 23 Dec 1947 in Wyandot Co., Ohio. Could this be your Martha?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions