Search for content in message boards

Gresel/Kressley in Lynn Township

Gresel/Kressley in Lynn Township

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 12:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
My pioneer ancestor in America is Jacob Gresel, whose children are all last-named Kressley, from mid to late 1700's. They are from the New Tripoli area of Lynn Township, in what was Northampton County originally in 1754, and is now Lehigh County. Does anyone have info on Jacob Gresel? Also, many of my ancestors are listed, simply, as being buried in "Old Cemetery", Lynn Township. Anyone have any idea which very old church in the New Tripoli area would have been referred to as that?Thank you much.

Re: Gresel/Kressley in Lynn Township

Lin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 10:02AM GMT
The cemetary is most likely Ebenezer Union Church Cemetary in New Tripoli, Lynn Twsp. PA. There are Kressley, Kroesle, and Gressel surnames in the cemetary book index. Need a look-up?

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 12:26PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 6:16AM GMT
Wow, Lin, do you have easy access to the Ebenezer records?! I've been told before that Ebenezer was a good possibility, although I've always had a feeling it would probably be Heidelberg or Weisenberg. I am looking for 3 people - JACOB GRESSEL, married to Anna Mary, c.1724-c1774, JOHAN JACOB KRESSLEY, married to Anna Catharina, c. 1761-c. 1830, and PETER KRESSLEY, married to Elisabeth, 1793-1867. Any info you have by easy access I would certainly appreciate, though please don't go to any trouble. Thank you so much!

Lin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 8:23PM GMT
I'll check the Ebenezer Cemetary records probably this week. Ebenezer is in New Tripoli, Lynn Twsp., and the other two you mentioned (Weisenberg and Heidelberg) are both different townships, although both have old churches and cemetaries within their borders. I can't at the moment remember the names of the churches in Heidelberg and Weisenberg, but if your ancestors were in the New Tripoli/Lynn Twsp. area, Ebenezer is the best possibility. I'll see what I can find.

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 4:42AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 6:16AM GMT
Thanks again so much, Lin. I'll wait to hear if you found out anything. You can email me directly if you like. Thanks!!

Jane Green (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Kressley, Graesel
I have info on this Grasel family and beyond. Can you take a gedcom file. I would be happy to trade info. Jane

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 10:55PM GMT
Hi Jane! Thanks for responding. I'm not sure how GEDCOMs work (I'm computer-illiterate for things like that!), but if you want to email me personally at mowey140@cs.com, maybe you can explain to me what that is. Thanks!

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 11:01PM GMT
Jacob Gresel has arrived as early as 1754 in Norh America (according The Historical Research Center) and was settled in Philadelpia.
In the Lutheran church of Lengerich, Westphalia (Germany) on april 28 1695 was baptized Catrina.Gerdraut Gresel daughter of Tomas Gresel
Variants of the surname Gresel includes also the names Kressel and Gressmann in Europe
See also an earlyer link from an older ancestor.
see you Harry from Holland
http://www.greselius.de/greselius.htm

Posted: 13 Mar 2003 8:54PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2004 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Grasel/Gresley
Hi!
I have been researching the Gressley family and found out that the Gresley's and the Grasel's have the same connection.

In my family tree there is a Peter Grasel/Gresley who married Barbara Ort, 19 Jan 1808 and his father was John Grasel who married Magdlene Taelzer, 22 Nov 1772 in york, PA. and from there I am stuck

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Beryl

Posted: 23 Jun 2004 10:14PM GMT
I'm wondering if you have any link to the name Christley/Chrisley in this line?
Our ancestor Henry Christley was born about 1755 (unk where), but mustered into the Continental Army in October of 1776 then after his discharge in Oct 1778 settled in the Montgomery/Wythe County area of Virginia.
He and a Jonathan Christley in Tennessee seem to be the only men of this name in this area, this early. Our Henry seems to have settled here even earlier than the Christley/Kressley familes in Pennsylvania.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions